NAM Selection?

jbjorgen

Reaction score
I travel between the US and Belize frequently. I have my old phone set up with my Belizean number on NAM2. When I enter the country, I simply switch to NAM2 and my phone works with my provider there. Upon returning to the states, I switch back to NAM1 and I'm back on Verizon.

I cannot find any way to do this in the Droid settings? Is this there? Is there an app that will allow this? A config file you can adjust in a rooted phone?

BTW, not looking to do anything to do anything illegal/wrong here...just want to be able to easily switch providers.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's nothing illegal what you're doing. While in the U.S. you want to be on automatic, because you could be limiting yourself if some carriers towers are on "A" and others are on "B". When you go to Belize, it should automatically detect they're on "B". As for a specific Droid setting, I have not looked it up, but probably on your keypad do ##PROGRAM<SEND> will get you to the menu to change the NAM.

OP
J

jbjorgen

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I've been to that menu before. It has a setting called Extended NAM, but no way to switch from NAM1 to NAM2.

It has settings for:
MIN
True IMSI
IMSI_11_12
MDN
CDMA Sys ID
Country Code
CDMA Network
1st Channel A
1st Channel B
2nd Channel A
2nd Channel B
Emergency 1
Emergency 2
Emergency 3
Access Overload Class
SPC

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I've been to that menu before. It has a setting called Extended NAM, but no way to switch from NAM1 to NAM2.

It has settings for:
MIN
True IMSI
IMSI_11_12
MDN
CDMA Sys ID
Country Code
CDMA Network
1st Channel A
1st Channel B
2nd Channel A
2nd Channel B
Emergency 1
Emergency 2
Emergency 3
Access Overload Class
SPC
My guess would be 1st Channel A and 1st Channel B are the ones you are looking for. Not that a VZW Droid owner will ever have it, but I believe the 1st and 2nd Channels is for people who have 2 separate VZW numbers for their phone. In the over 2 years I worked for VZW I believe I only ever saw one account with one phone and 2 lines.