Naked glass is overrated!

mikespe

Reaction score
RainX your screen, smudges solved.

I read this someplace else too but won't it affect any treatment that might be on the glass (UV protection, anti glare, etc)? It is a great idea...I use it on my bathroom mirrors to stop the steam!

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I know a lot of people say to go without a screen protector, but I just can't do it. I'm using the Verizon 3-pack of precut protectors. Had no issues getting it on properly, first try. The instructions in the pack were very good and I went slowly. Also have no problems using the screen since putting the protector on.

I'm wondering if maybe their manufacturing processes are not great so that some of the protectors are smaller or larger than others. I can't see why else so many people would report cutting them. If so, I got lucky!

paulmac

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm not familiar with those. I had gotten the 3-pak of clear protectors, and have had absolutely no issues with sensitivity. I'm assuming those you speak of are tinted, or smoke colored? And I would assume maybe thicker?

Are they pulled from the shelves? I don't see anything on their website.

cuskit

Yes I believe they have. A co-worker recently got the Droid and wanted a privacy protector so I offered to stop at the Verizon Store and pick one up for him. Thats when I was told how they pulled them after people complained about loss of screen sensitivity and are no longer available. Too bad I think it works great, and I have no loss of sensitivity. Not the same one but here is an example

Motorola a855 Droid Privacy Screen Protector

actrack03

Reaction score
Sorry to ressurect such an old thread but I just had to share that I had an invisishield protector on my phone that they put on at best buy the day I got my phone. The person who put it on didn't take as much care as I would have so it was starting to come off on the corner since it wasn't lined up 100%. Today I took the leap and took it off. After touching my naked droids glass for the first time, there is no way I am going back to a screen protector. The screen is soo much more repsonsive and looks a lot prettier, not that you could really tell the protector was there but the picture seems clearer.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you go to Wal-Mart and head to the optical department you can pick up a box of 50 eye glass lens tissues for about 3 bucks and use them to take care of your Droid smudges and fingerprints. I use them to clean my eye glasses and I use the same sheet to clean my Droid. Works great.

Droidfish

Reaction score
LOL the age old argument... but I'll bite:

My resolution still looks brilliant with my Zagg Invisi on, (people who glance at my phone always comment on the resolution) and it gives me peace of mind.

Although from reading these threads I have been awfully tempted to peel...

cuskit

Reaction score
Sorry to ressurect such an old thread but I just had to share that I had an invisishield protector on my phone that they put on at best buy the day I got my phone. The person who put it on didn't take as much care as I would have so it was starting to come off on the corner since it wasn't lined up 100%. Today I took the leap and took it off. After touching my naked droids glass for the first time, there is no way I am going back to a screen protector. The screen is soo much more repsonsive and looks a lot prettier, not that you could really tell the protector was there but the picture seems clearer.

"After touching my naked droids glass for the first time"
Hmm - sounds suggestive and provocative! Had you said that on an iPhone forum - Apple would have banned you! :icon_ devil:

I use the Motorola Screen Protectors - I really don't feel any difference between them and the naked (lust ;) ) glass.

But I'm looking forward to the next round of arguments here! :icon_ banana: mike

Sp3aK

Reaction score
Apparently I'm retarded so I couldn't get the invisishields properly put on my Droid. Not sure what my problem is.

I put one on my iPod Touch when I first got it a year ago, it's been great, smooth, etc. I also put them on my wifes phone the same day I tried to put one on my droid. I got the rest of the full body coverage pieces installed but I just couldn't get the screen right.

Anyways after trying twice there I just went to Verizon and got their 3-pack. The first one was almost right but just a little off so I used my second one and it's been on for about 3 months now. It hasn't shifted or anything so I'm plenty happy with it.

I will say the VZW ones are much more prone to the finger prints/greasy streaks than the invisishield but I appreciate the protection either way.

Reaction score
The seidio screen protector is second to none IMHO.

I've got this as well. It shows a little more smudges than I prefer, but it's better than any other protector I've used. I've just scratched too many other things to not go with a protector on this one. If it just sat on my desk or in my empty pocket all day it'd be one thing, but my phones occasionally get "handled." I put the seidio case on it as well.

MaXKiLLz

Reaction score
Get a little beach sand inside your pocket and you'll see how easy it can scratch. If you want a great screen protector, get the Boxwave Crystal. It's identical to naked glass. Feels and looks the same. With my OCD, if it caused even the slightest change to the clarity of the glass, I'd peel it right off.

Murz

Reaction score
I have the Steinheil Crystal on my screen. I wanted something that would help reduce smudges but not compromise the screen clarity (like the Anti-Fingerprint). The Steinheil has done a good job so far.