N64oid => Nintendo Source Emulator already in the work

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
N64oid
Hi guys. You know i started this promissing petition for getting attention from the very talented programer zodttd. I posted the petition in many other forums. And in one of them a member wrote to me, that he is already working on a N64 emu. Its called N64oid and is based on the Mupen64 PC emulator.

Actually this guy is very busy and doesnt have the time he wants to work on this great project. But the sourcecode is available. So if here are some good programers they sure can help him building this great app. And if zod will agree to making his apps for android he could use this source code too. Here the link to the project site :

n64oid - Project Hosting on Google Code

ps: whooops typo in the topic title. i mean nintendo 64 emu already in the work not nintendo source :D. pls fix some mod.

droidstarr

Reaction score
N64oid will most likely never run a game perfectly with 100% speed, but it could possibly run near full speed with maybe some frameskips and some graphic messups. ;)

Droidfan1

Reaction score
N64oid will most likely never run a game perfectly with 100% speed, but it could possibly run near full speed with maybe some frameskips and some graphic messups. ;)

maybe not the original droid.. but apparently the droid PRO
1GB RAM
1.3GHZ processor..
I think that could handle n64, no?

What about phones in the way future
2ghz+ dual core
gingerbread+ (whatevers after)
2gb ram etc etc
list goes on

lol but by then there will be a Gcoid haha

frozty

Reaction score
A droid 1 if they built a ground up emu could run the game, they would just need a 800mhz kernel sounds off. Because the CPU architecture is different.

A Tegra phone would be more than enough to run the n64. I had a old 500mhz Pentium 3 Dell computer that ran N64 just fine with a dedicated 64mb card. Xbox also runs it fine and its pretty much the same hardware power a tegra powered phone has.

I say you guys should expect a steam app on your phones and tablets soon in the near future.

Big Lou

Reaction score
The thing to keep in mind is that the recommended power requirements for PC emulation is not scalable to a smartphone. Because the OS does not tax the CPU as much as a PC would, smaller power requirements are needed. The Droid would most likely be able to run N64 games rather smoothly. I'm not guaranteeing 60fps at all times, but certainly more than playable with sound.