N1 - No Go

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by freddyvaca, Jan 17, 2010.

1. freddyvaca

freddyvaca New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, on thrusday I purchased my N1. What i thought would be a experiacne turned into a nightmare, fast!

I moved from Verizon using a driod ERIS (great phone) to t-mobile N1. Actually, I was evaluating the phone and service for my company. Needles to say, we will be staying with Verizon.

I called tmobile and they transfered me to HTC. HTC could not figure out why my phone had so many data issues. I could sync my outlook exchange mail however, it never updated. My ERIS not only does mail, calender and contacts but the N1 on does mail and contacts, why? I went to the local tmobile store to see if it was my phone or the service. They told me "sir, we know nothing about that phone, we have not even seen one" The store mangaer however did let me us his "my touch", neat little phone.

He went on to tell me they are having lots of coverage issues with the phone but they are working on it. I am not sure how a carrier can risk its brand by releasing a phone that is suppose to be the "super phone" when the network cant take it. to make this even better, I am sure i will have to fight with both google and tmobile about this phone.

I ported back to Verizon and all is back to normal. Not bashing tmobile as i was once a customer. I think the service is good but this N1 is not all its cracked up to be. if you get one, make sure you are not using it for business or anything important. it will leave you hanging!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  2. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I going to move this post to the Android area, but thanks for the information

3. boostdscoob

boostdscoob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tmobile is probably the worst big cell phone company on the planet.. ive spent 20 hours + on the phones with cuatomer service trying to fix stupid simple issues. and their coverage and signal strength suck. i would rather have cricket, than ever ever go back to them. also, their customer service reps arent trained enough to operate a call switch system, let alone fix issues with my plan, etc.
    i have been with verizon for two months now, and will probably stay with them for life. not one issue, and customer service isnt just some hobo with a headset, acting like they know what they are doing, they actually know how to do their job.