N1, Droid, or Incredible

pyro6128

Reaction score
My brother is going to be looking to get a new phone in about a month. I'm always bragging about the droid and how cool it is and how its much cooler than an iphone. Now he wants to get an android phone too. He told me he was thinking of getting a Nexus one (when it comes to verizon). I told him he should probably go with the incredible instead. He's still undecided, but he has time to figure it out. Anyway, the purpose of this poll is this. If you didn't have your current phone, and were about to get a new, which of these three would you go with? Or would you just wait to see what comes after the incredible? He would consider getting an iphone too though if it ever came to verizon (which would be the last choice in the poll)

Last edited:

iPirate

Reaction score
i suggest searching there are at least 60 threads on this topic in the last week because of the incredible being released soon.

and of course, he should get a Droid. :motdroidvert:

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm aware of the search buttons location. That being said, I said specifically if you did not have the phone you currently do. All those other threads are people trying to decide if they want to give up their current android phone to get an incredible. I'm not really concerned with that. But I don't know if I would personally go with a droid at this point, even though I love it and wouldn't trade it.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
My brother is going to be looking to get a new phone in about a month. I'm always bragging about the droid and how cool it is and how its much cooler than an iphone. Now he wants to get an android phone too. He told me he was thinking of getting a Nexus one (when it comes to verizon). I told him he should probably go with the incredible instead. He's still undecided, but he has time to figure it out. Anyway, the purpose of this poll is this. If you didn't have your current phone, and were about to get a new, which of these three would you go with? Or would you just wait to see what comes after the incredible? He would consider getting an iphone too though if it ever came to verizon (which would be the last choice in the poll)

If I didn't have my droid, and didn't know anything about it (over clocking, ROMs, etc.) then I'd probably go with the Incredible. I'm *not so sure about the nexus one coming to verizon anymore for some reason, at least it seems like it'll take a while.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
HTC EVO drops this Summer. Period.

Darkseider

Reaction score
IF I didn't have my Droid I would wait and see. Not so much to see what the latest and greatest is going to be but to see if the Incredible could be rooted. IF the Incredible could be rooted then I would have to make my decision between the Droid and Incredible. Which would essentially be a coin toss at that point.

rkeller62

Reaction score
I think the N1 has had too many issues to keep it in the running. Assuming you don't care about rooting and loading custom roms I think the performance and specs are close enough to each other to bring it down to 2 considerations:
1. User experience. Do you prefer the more polished, but most certainly more resource hungry Sense UI or do you like the more spartan Google experience?
2. Do you absolutely have to have a physical keyboard, are you flexible about it or will you under no circumstances use one?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyway, the purpose of this poll is this. If you didn't have your current phone, and were about to get a new, which of these three would you go with? Or would you just wait to see what comes after the incredible?
I can understand why people post threads like this but it really doesn't matter what I (or anyone else here) would do.

Your brother needs to figure out his priorities and select a device based on what he wants/needs. I'd choose the Droid partially because of its massive community. However, if your brother values timely OS updates above all else, the N1 would be the way to go. If he values having more space for apps and is happy with HTC's build quality then the Incredible is the way to go. There are certainly many more possible reasons and directions.

A poll isn't going to do anything other than indicate what's most popular (with DroidForums.net users which certainly introduces heavy bias into the results) as of this moment. If your brother just wants to fit in with the crowd the poll might help but it won't indicate what's best for his specific needs/wants.

If you can provide specific reasons why he's on the fence then we can chime in with some meaningful input that might help him to find a suitable direction.

Last edited:
OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
Well yea, thats the point. I'm not going to go to my brother "hey the droid forums voted and you're going to buy an incredible now". I just figured I would get a feel for what people's opinion on the matter is and why, and from there I'll be a little more informed to advise him. I've already done research on the matter, but there are so many smart people on the forum I'm sure there are people that will bring up interesting points that I hadn't thought of.

iPirate

Reaction score
Tell your brother to get the Droid, anything else would be silly.

It is the best phone out and will be for a while.

Kenny007

Reaction score
I briefly considered sending my phone back now that the Incredible is available, but I quickly shot that idea down. If I didn't have a droid (which I didn't at the beginning of this month) I'd still get a droid. It's a killer phone and the only one with a physical keyboard (as crappy as it may be). I needs me some real keys!