N1 boot animation on G-Nex

T6D16C84

Reaction score
I messed around with the N1 boot animation and got it to work full screen on the GNex. It's pretty nice looking and is a I personally feel more Nexus style than that windows esque boot animation we currently have. If anyone wants it, the DL link is attached. Unfortunatley no movies or previews on the actual phone because my camera is busted.....sorry!

Thanks

Link:

bootanimation.zip

lazarus2297

Reaction score
OK so I'm sure i am missing something.. but where do I put this file again?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
T

T6D16C84

Reaction score
Are you familiar with ADB commands (really I should be asking have you unlocked the bootloader and rooted) if so it's much easier.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Are you familiar with ADB commands (really I should be asking have you unlocked the bootloader and rooted) if so it's much easier.

yeah..

I am also familiar with where you normally place the bootanimation.zip to replace the default one.. I have done it lots of times.. but when i replace the default bootanimation.zip with the new one, change permissions, reboot i still get the default boot animation...

OP
T

T6D16C84

Reaction score
yeah..

I am also familiar with where you normally place the bootanimation.zip to replace the default one.. I have done it lots of times.. but when i replace the default bootanimation.zip with the new one, change permissions, reboot i still get the default boot animation...

use an adb command to push the new bootloader to /data/local, that worked for me. I couldn't get teh animation to stick by just using root explorer to copy/paste.