1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

n00b with Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Barsoum89, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Barsoum89

Barsoum89 New Member

hey guys,

i've been a blackberry user for about a year now and 3 days ago i switched to the milestone and i havent regretted the decision one bit. i've been reading up on this rooting process and it seems quite interesting and well worth it. i just have a quick question.

currently i have 2.0.1 installed on my milestone and i was wondering if i root it, when i install 2.1 will i have to root it again?

one more question that comes to mind. will i be able to have more than 1 ROM installed on my phone?

thanks
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

if you root it and then install 2.1 then you would have to root it again. but most of the roms out there are based off of 2.1 builds and essentially give you everything the official 2.1 gives plus extra goodies :)

and no you wont be able to install multiple roms at the same time on your phone but you can switch roms very easily.
  3. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

I think the real issue is you're on a Milestone. I don't think you can install new ROMs on the Milestone, and if you can Droid ROMs won't work on it for sure.