1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

n00b with a Mac

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mkarolian, Jan 14, 2010.

1. mkarolian

mkarolian New Member

Hello Droid Gods,
    I have spent hours reading enthusiastically through threads here on all of the cool stuff you can do with a rooted droid. I finally went ahead and rooted my droid, and installed some of the 2.1 apps.

I now *really* want wifi tethering & multitouch browsing, but the guides I read include stuff about busybox and have lines of code that somehow need to be executed. Typically I am a pretty geeky guy and in the past have always taken to this stuff naturally but for some reason these droid hacks are not clicking with me.

I was wondering if I somehow missed a great n00b guide. Any help would be excellent. I have a macbook, but also have access to a win xp machine.

Thanks!
  2. northmendo

northmendo New Member

3. northmendo

northmendo New Member

4. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

Sorry, my website is created for PC users! I don't know anything about Macs.
  5. perm210

perm210 New Member

That's true but I did root my Droid using ur guide on my macbook