n00b question (follow up to oddest thing post)

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
If I have my DROID replaced and I have a game(app) where I have earned achievements, and a place on the leader board, will I loose my status if I replace the phone?

dasanman69

Reaction score
You will lose the game data saved on the phone. I'm guessing the leader board is saved online so that shouldn't get erased. Is your phone rooted? If it is you can backup game data.

OP
Duke of Advil

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
It is not rooted. I'm not sure what is involved in rooting it, the benefits and the risks.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Rooting is super easy on the global, do a search for z4root.apk and install it. The rest should work itself out

Garybusy113

Reaction score
Why are you getting your phone replaced? If you are giving it back to Verizon I would not root it because they will not take the phone back. (Rooting voids warranty.) If you are not rooted I am assuming you did the OTA update to Gingerbread so z4root will not work for you. Once you get your phone replaced then research rooting on google and look up Pete's Motorola Root Tools and use that to root. If you are thinking about installing a custom ROM also look up the .sbf file because chances are you will need it. Good luck.

OP
Duke of Advil

Duke of Advil

Reaction score
The only reason I am considering a replacement is because of a few words lock the phone up and force close the apps I'm in. I am hoping to find a way to correct without replacing, rooting is not an option if it voids the warranty. :frown: