n00b here.

lesleydecay

Reaction score
My name is Lesley and I have the Motorola Droid. I love it, but the keys are falling apart. I want the Droid 2, mainly because of the hot spot. But I already have a Verizon one. Could I turn the hot spot in and just get the Droid 2?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I guess you colud ditch the dedicated one but it would still cost 20 bucks a month so I would just keep the other one.

tappin and a talkin

xXx817xXx

Reaction score
My name is Lesley and I have the Motorola Droid. I love it, but the keys are falling apart. I want the Droid 2, mainly because of the hot spot. But I already have a Verizon one. Could I turn the hot spot in and just get the Droid 2?

I have a motorola droid as well, but I rooted (hacked) it to make it have the hotspot capabilities. You can root it by clicking this link:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html
(DOING THIS CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY ON THE PHONE)
Once you have rooted your phone type "wireless tether" in the market place.
You don't have to do this, but this is one way to create wifi from you motorola droid.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Depends on your plans. Yes if you don't mind 20 bucks a month, you can drop your mifi and wind up saving 40 bucks a month.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!!

DroidForums junkie!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I think a visit to a VZW store or a call to customer service is your best approach.

Good luck!

Mike