1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

n00b help...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by neo853, Feb 5, 2011.

1. neo853

neo853 New Member

ok, there are just a few things I need help figuring out, and the problem is, as much of a PC/computer dog that I am, I am so lost...this Moto Droid I've got is amazing, but it's almost too open sourced for me...

I'd like a cool theme, maybe...but what I really want to do is have a nice clean app for the weather, see a glimpse of facebook, a smooth running music player (haven't even used the built in one yet, but I like shuffle and choosing where the song is playing at, if the built in one has it, awesome), I need quick links, and a grid for my apps that lets me put a ton of apps in one spot, because as great as it is that I have 3-5 screens for apps, I want just one, lol, and I need to have a percentage indicator by, or as the battery icon, not as an after market app...preferably with better than by 10's or 20's only...

If I did a theme, it would just be so that I can have more colorful or neon-esque icons/app icons...but not the be all and end all...
  2. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Sounds like you should develop my friend:) I would need three screens to cover your wants!
  3. neo853

neo853 New Member

I would, if I had any kind of handle on how to...*sigh*...I figure what I want isn't that difficult, but I tried SweeterHome 2 to get a theme like what I'm asking for, the theme seemed really cool, till I tried to use it, and then I had to use all these other apps that were nothing like the ones I had barely had a chance to get used to...
  4. AlexSB

AlexSB New Member

Sweeter home is an amazing home repaclement app it pretty much lets you customize it any way you want I do admit it does have a learning curve.

Liberated Droid II
  5. neo853

neo853 New Member

well, it was good, but I really don't want suggested apps, and I want it to work landscape or potrait...

maybe you could help me...?
  6. AlexSB

AlexSB New Member

I really don't kno what you mean by suggested apps you mean like bloatware the apps that come on your phone that you don't want/will never use lol for those ypu can freeze them using Titanuim Back up

For landscape you have to recreate the screens.Yea its a pain I kno, and for some reason copying the whole screen, rotating your phone and pasting always gave me problems. The goodthing is you already kno what you want to do and how to do it lol

Liberated Droid II
  7. neo853

neo853 New Member

no, like the theme I downloaded to it, wasn't gonna let me use the built in text messaging app...

actually, I have no idea what you mean about the landscape to portrait stuff...nor do I have the slightest clue how to work out doing any of what I just said...