n00b checking in

HKYStormFront

Reaction score
new droid owner checking in. just got mine a few weeks ago. already downloading apps like crazy. i'm a frequent forum poster on lots of forums so i know how all this works. i'll probably mostly just lurk around looking for info. i'm a computer programmer w/ a side job as a photographer. thanks in advance for the info down the road... :icon_ devil:

unix.punkx

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Storm Front! What kind of programming do you do? im currently in school and leaning AS3/Flash on the side.

OP
HKYStormFront

HKYStormFront

Reaction score
so far i've found some great info on this site. it seems to be organized very well. i do have a couple typical n00b questions that have undoubtedly been asked before but i'm not finding the answers...

1. I just finished transferring all of my music to the phone's memory card. That went nice and smooth. I also figured out how to set a song as a ringtone, easy enough! Now, is it possible to use an mp3 for the ringtone of an alarm? -Edit: Just happened to go back and look and figured it out, after making the song I wanted a regular ring tone it shows up at the bottom of the menu for ringtones for the alarm. Again, easy enough! lol

2. I am somewhat concerned about viruses getting on my phone, what is the best application for anti-virus functionality?

Think that's all for now. I'll probably have more in the future. If there are threads that you (reading this) know of that answer these questions, please shoot me a link. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

mjones1052

Reaction score
There are some decent security apps out there, the one I use right now is Lookout. It scans everything coming in and allows you to back up your phone to a webserver, AND allows you to control it via the webserver and sms messages.

I just went and looked at some of the Lookout features, and it is really pretty amazing...

http://www.mylookout.com

Last edited:
OP
HKYStormFront

HKYStormFront

Reaction score
thanks! i just downloaded it to check it out. i'll go back to lurking for a while!:icon_ devil: