N/A

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe if you are rooted you can hack this. Maybe its been done. I don't know cause I never made a video over 1 minute ha.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It would definitely require root, although I have been rooted since it first became possible with the Moto Droid and have never heard about such a hack.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a hack that increases the video recording quality, so I am surprised as well that there's not something to remove the time limit.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I guess not many people record hours on their phone in one swoop. It would rip the hell out of the battery wouldn't it?!

Roadblock

Reaction score
i am very interested in increasing the quality of the movie and the length of time it can reocrd root or not.

Benny

Reaction score
In the build.prop, theres a line that says "ro.media.enc.hprof.duration=60", try increasing 60 to whatever you want, that may work. Don't forget to reboot after you make the changes though. As for turning the display off, there should be apps on the market that would allow you to do this.(Not sure if there is but I have seen apps that turn the display off when taking pics).

Big Cam

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid, and the longest video I can record is only 30 minutes, and there is no way to turn off the display during recording. Is there a tweak or third party app that lets you get rid of the recording limit and/or at least turn the display off?

I used to have an iPhone and there was a program called Cycorder that let you record for as long as battery/memory allowed you to. It also didn't require you to have the video displayed on the screen, so I could "minimize" the video recorder and have the display off so to anyone who looked at my phone, they didn't know I was recording.
THAT is a well needed app!

fr33pown

Reaction score
does it work?

Please report back on the success of modifying that file to allow >30 minute video recording on Atrix 4G. I have that phone and like to upload entire 1-hour-plus videos of my performances to YouTube - ericfontainejazz's Channel so I would very much like to avoid having to start and stop the recorder every 30 minutes...

hfmkillls

Reaction score
[QUOwTE=icculusX;453074]I guess not many people record hours on their phone in one swoop. It would rip the hell out of the battery wouldn't it?![/QUOTE]

hfmkillls

Reaction score
well if mounted in windsheild you would want display off then an overlapping 1 hr. loop than have good vid of any accidents