MyVerizon login on RAZR MAXX

snickers1127

Reaction score
I got my new RAZR MAXX a week ago. In that time, I've only been able to login to MyVerizon account once on my phone. When I tried again just now and get the message "User name and password do not match" even though I can login to the MyVerizon site just fine with the exact same information. I wouldn't even care except this login is also required to use the NFL Mobile app. :angry: Do I just need to harass Verizon on this, or is there something I can do?

PS: I've also had a couple of MMS messages never fully sent to the intended recipient even though they appeared to be sent, but I was also having that problem on my previous Motorola Droid. Everything I've seen indicates it's likely due to the network, but if there's something else I need to do I'm definitely open to suggestions! Actually, is there a way to only have delivery notifications on MMS messages?

nikecar

Reaction score
You on WiFi or cell data? I find when I use it with WiFi, it asks for the acct info. When I use cell data, it goes right through never asking for that info.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I have the widget correctly displaying the amount of usage, but when I tap on the widget it asks for my login info. When I put in the same info as I would online, it says that they don't match. Maybe it's a maxx thing.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
nikecar said:
You on WiFi or cell data? I find when I use it with WiFi, it asks for the acct info. When I use cell data, it goes right through never asking for that info.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

For whatever reason (Probably so that you rack up data usage), my verizon will not connect on wifi but requires data. Anytime I'm on wifi, my verizon gives me a prompt that data needs to be enabled. Same is true for sending or receiving mms messages... you must be on wifi, although you don't get the polite prompt that lets you know that for mms. Usually you realize it hours later that your mms didn't send and remember that you forgot to turn data on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You might try clearing data on the app and force stopping it. I had the same issue and doing this solved the issue.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
For whatever reason (Probably so that you rack up data usage), my verizon will not connect on wifi but requires data. Anytime I'm on wifi, my verizon gives me a prompt that data needs to be enabled. Same is true for sending or receiving mms messages... you must be on wifi, although you don't get the polite prompt that lets you know that for mms. Usually you realize it hours later that your mms didn't send and remember that you forgot to turn data on.

Hmmmm, this one idk. The reason it prompts you to enable data is because it keeps tabs on your data usage. That's the obvious reason I know :D but other than that idk.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you gotten update from market?

A few days ago it was suppose to fix wifi login for 4g users, I think that's what the description says anyhow ...

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
94lt1 said:
Hmmmm, this one idk. The reason it prompts you to enable data is because it keeps tabs on your data usage. That's the obvious reason I know :D but other than that idk.

thaDroidz said:

A few days ago it was suppose to fix wifi login for 4g users, I think that's what the description says anyhow ...

Yeah, that does make sense, lol... that they might need you to turn on data to know what your data usage is. I am going to update from market (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it's google play now). I have sort of ignored that update. I'll test it out and see what happens.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
thaDroidz said:

Yup, it works... no longer have to back out of MyVerizon, enable data then open myverizon again. OP, check to make sure you have the latest update and it should work without enabling data. Mms you will still need to enable data to send and receive. Regular sms (text msging) no data or wifi necessary.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lmao.. I hadn't considered that you were trying to use an app that you hadn't updated lol :p

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, I'm of the mindset that if I don't use it then ignore it and if it aint broke don't fix it (unless you want to give me something better).

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah, I'm of the mindset that if I don't use it then ignore it and if it aint broke don't fix it (unless you want to give me something better).

Nope, I do the same thing :)

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I had the same problem a couple weeks ago. I received two text messages telling me that the "my verizon" account had been deactivated. I tried to log on from the phone and was given a message that the password was incorrect. A short while later my wife got the same message.That night I tried to log on from my computer and got a message telling me that my request could not be processed at that time. THe next morning I tried again and could not log on so I re-created my account with a new password, got the confirmatory text message and then was able to log on again. my guess is that they had some sort of problem with their servers or logon process. Since I've not read a whole lot about it I think it may have just affected a limited number of users.

So, for me, the fix was just to re-create an account for my phones.

David

OP
S

snickers1127

Reaction score
Well, I just uninstalled and reinstalled updates on NFL Mobile (wanted to try it on there first). Now when I try to login, I get the following message:

Account locked due to several unsuccessful login attempts. Please select the Forgot Password option to unlock account.

:mad::mad::mad:

Btw, yes I was on WiFi when making these attempts.

Edit: I guess I'll have to do that Forgot Password on the website, as I don't see that option in the mobile app.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You may consider calling vzw and having them reset your password.