MyTouch 4g will not turn on

shilobuys

Reaction score
i have a mytouch 4g that i am having issues with first off when i try to turn on the phone the scrren just lights up and the phone vibrates. after a minute of so, the mainscreen pops up and say no sim card, however the screen is upside down... if i try to touch the sceen, it goes blank. my main concern if i cant get this phone to work, is all my contacts. the guy at tmobile was not helpfull and just wanted to sell me a new phone.... any help greatly appreciated

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I could consider doing a factory reset if you haven't already. This WILL DELETE EVERYTHING but at this point I don't think you have much of a choice.

OP
S

shilobuys

Reaction score
i dont see why deleting everything would help me.....i checked my gmail account and couldnt find any of my contacts there.....arent they supposed to be backed up there?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
A factory reset puts the phone back in a factory setting. Which can help as we don't know what's wrong with your device. Is it hardware or is there something wrong on a software end. Factory resetting will give us a better idea.

It will only backup if you tell it to.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
shilobuys said:
i dont see why deleting everything would help me.....i checked my gmail account and couldnt find any of my contacts there.....arent they supposed to be backed up there?

They are only backed up if you select for that to happen.
I would call T-Mobile and speak with tech support. If the phone is less than a year old and they cannot figure out the problem, they need to offer you a replacement device.