mythical 10% battery increase

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by BigZig, Sep 3, 2010.

1. BigZig

BigZig Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I have been rooted just over a month now (and loving every minute of it). I have tried many different roms and kernels but still always finding myself restoring my beast. The one thing I have noticed is that some roms claims to have a 10% increase in battery life. Now with that said it seems to me that while the battery stays on 70 & 80% longer but when it gets down to 40% it skips 30% altogether and goes right to 20%. I would rather it not skip any %. Like have your gas tank say half full then all of a sudden your gas light is on and your searching for a gas station. Ne one else having this problem and is there a fix for this besides changing Roms because I love me the beast and don't want to change.

2. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    increments..not "increase"

unless i've really missed something.

3. BigZig

BigZig Member

Ratings:
    +5
    No I ment increase but just wondering if this is the way they "increase the battery life" or just a bug in The Beast

4. guitarboy1193

guitarboy1193 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you really do get increase in battery life compared to other roms. ive tried sapphire and liquid and cyanogen and none compared to bugless' battery life. but if you want a better battery indication, download a battery monitor from to he market or something, theyre usually pretty precise and are in 10% increments.

5. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    can you show me where a rom maker has claimed "10% increase in battery life" in their release notes? i've never seen it.

6. Droidemz

Droidemz Member

Ratings:
    +0

yeah id love to see that as well :rofl3:

7. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No, you didn't understand bendystrawboy. Some ROMs offer battery "increments" of 10% in the statusbar, there isn't a ROM out there that claims 10% "increase".

8. BigZig

BigZig Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Maybe it does not give a % but they do say increased battery life

9. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Mind providing a link to this information as proof?

I just went through at least 4 different ROM release threads and none of them mentioned any "increase" in battery %, so now I'm just thinking your just blowing hot air in an attempt not to appear noobish.

10. BigZig

BigZig Member

Ratings:
    +5
    "Tons of tweaks to increase performance & battery life (credit to Pete)"
    Like I said it may not give a % but it does say incease in battery life. And maybe I am a noob but everyone starts some where and was just pointing out a flaw in the rom so it could be fixed for the next release if I can do that without being ridiculed what's the point of having fourms

11. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Tweaks to increase battery life is not the same thing as an increase in battery %. One suggests prolonging the battery while the other suggest some form of physically increasing the battery capacity, as this threads title suggests.

No one is trying to ridicule you, just pointing out that you misunderstood a certain aspect of a ROM and we try to correct that misunderstanding.

As for the skipping from 40% to 20%; are you 100% certain it is skipping 30% entirely (as in you've actually stared at the phone when it does the jump)? Did you install a theme over your ROM? Did you in any way modify the framework-res.apk located in /system/framework/?

Any number of things could be the cause of this, but if it is in fact jumping from 40% directly to 20%, I suggest wiping and reinstalling the ROM fresh (no theme, no kernel), then verify if it indicates 30% when it reaches such levels. Then install kernel, verify again, and lastly install theme and verify again. You should do this before installing any apps that may be causing sever battery drain.

Let us know how it goes.

12. GeLopez

GeLopez Member

Ratings:
    +8
    My sapphire rom SHOWS battery in multiples of 10% and 5% below 20%
    shows it like this 90%-80%-70%-60%-50%-40%-30%-20%-15%-10%-5%