Mystery caller

JDH

Reaction score
Anyone else ever received a call from your own number? Yesterday I did just that, didn't answer for fear it was some kind of infectious scam.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes. It happened to me once. I didn't answer also. My guess is that somr Scammers can spoof the number that is displayed on the incoming caller ID.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have on my home landline.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Are y'all being spoofed by one of those apps on the playstore?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Are y'all being spoofed by one of those apps on the playstore?
Nope. They are robocalls. I answer them and start breathing heavy into the phone and asking them what they are wearing. I usually get hung up on quickly.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I usually start in with "Thank you for returning our call! Based on the personal information that you provided us we have several low cost vacation packages for you to choose from."

They're never sure how to handle it. I'm going to have to use that "What are you wearing?" line next time lol.

Gramesmith

Reaction score
I always try to avoid these kind of call. It could case SIM cloning. So keep yourself away from these kind of calls.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I always try to avoid these kind of call. It could case SIM cloning. So keep yourself away from these kind of calls.
What?!?! Please tell me that's sarcasm.....please.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Update: for the past week I am now getting cslss with my local area code followed by either a 0 three digit number or a 1 three digit number. Faster than I can block. I refuse to pay an additional $5 per month to block more than 5 numbers. Getting to be a pita.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did you ever sign up for the Do Not Call Registry? Not sure if that helps, but I don't recall ever getting anything like this. I signed up on the Do Not Call list quite a while ago. Funny thing is, it was a telemarketer lady who gave me the number to call to get on the list.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm on DNC and still get these every once in awhile

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Every number I have is on the DNC registry. If it's this bad with the number on the list I would hate to see what it was like if it wasn't. None leave any messages. My blocked list is quite long and I do get repeats.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Yes I am on DNC however it is recommended that you re register your numbers which I have done a couple times. Guess it's time to do again. We moved in June and didn't bring the land line along, it was 25 years in service and near the end it was over 95% trash calls.
There are many exclusions to the DNC regs.