Mysterious EYEBALL appears .....

spydergirl

Reaction score
Why does a creepy little eyeball occasionally pop up in my status bar and then disappear as quickly as it appeared? It creeps me out, but never stays long enough for me to see what it is. I always wink and wave back at Big Brother just in case. LOL

Sent from my GN2

jrjordan

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the setting that keeps the display portrait if you are laying down on the bed or such. It monitors the positioning of your face, perhaps, but I don't know for sure. Maybe big brother!

Tonik

Reaction score
Its the face recognition to keep the display from going to sleep/lock.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, its the face recognition that lets the screen stay on past it lock timer if you aren't touching the screen but looking at it and reading something. I love this feature on my S3.

I set my screen timer to the lowest, 15 seconds, and enable this feature, helps save battery life a little bit I'm sure. As song as you are looking at the device, the screen won't time out.

jseah

Reaction score
Just to be safe, you could always make sure you don't change your clothes in front of the phone. :p

Caesars

Reaction score
I thought it was when you have Google location services "watching"and selling your information, but now that i think about it, i did have face recognition on for a few weeks.

Return of the Android

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
if its not smartstay then it's location services

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
Thanks for all the answers, suggestions, and "admissions." I solved it with a piece of duct-tape on the camera lens. JUST KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ROFLOL* :D

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the answers, suggestions, and "admissions." I solved it with a piece of duct-tape on the camera lens. JUST KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *ROFLOL* :D

before or after you put on the tin foil hat lol jk

OP
spydergirl

spydergirl

Reaction score
before or after you put on the tin foil hat lol jk

*LOL*

You're not too far off base! Catch-up on my news blog on Facebook and you'll see that I wear my tinfoil hat with pride! ;-)

Constitutionalpa Americanpatriot

:)

Sent from my GN2

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
*LOL*

You're not too far off base! Catch-up on my news blog on Facebook and you'll see that I wear my tinfoil hat with pride! ;-)

Constitutionalpa Americanpatriot

:)

Sent from my GN2

lol classic..