Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Discussion in 'Android News' started by WenWM, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanilla Ice

Vanilla Ice Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really hope i didnt start up something bad. i called again and the code i gave was for the updated LCD version of the dinc. Sorry :(

2. SixStringMadMan

Ratings:
    +1

Fired! ;)

3. MeganLeigh1122

Ratings:
    +0
    As much as I want this phone to come out on the 23rd (or the 11th?) I'm hoping for a Black Friday release. The phone will be easier to obtain since I'm not working at either job. I don't mind waiting for the phone knowing it's definately coming to Verizon, has a 4.3 screen size, and doesn't have bing. Hopefully we'll hear something about the phone being guaranteed a front facing camera...

4. 2005CTS

2005CTS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest - the biggest concern of mine is that the phone hasn't been "binged". The front facing camera is not that important to me. Make it fast, smooth and great to look at/hold and that is all I care.

Miami...care to chime in with any new information?

5. ubrocked

ubrocked Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had to call VZW today for some issues with our business account and talked with a nice lady. I started hinting around about the DINC HD and she started giggling when I started probing for release information and said that I should just "check the website often" and then she said in a rather telling voice..."we get new phones in all the time". When I asked about the 23rd or 11th or silent release...she just chuckled and said nice try.

Now it may not seem like a big deal but I talk with people in the Business support center all of the time and usually they are clueless with regards to up and coming devices...and sound like it. This lady sounded like she knew exactly what I was talking about and I got the feeling that she had just learned about it herself.

Just throwing it out there...

6. 91zcpe

91zcpe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you all think that maybe the reason why we haven't heard/seen much is not because of VZW, but because of HTC? Maybe they're having issues/delays?

7. 2005CTS

2005CTS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think that is the case. As a result of this forum - I have been working with a friend of mine that works as an IT/Telcom director at a major company and they contract with Verizon. He indicated to me that their rep had indicated that they had an EVO like device coming very soon. VZW has been trying to get his company to move away from RIM and to Android (not going to happen) but they touted the Droid Pro and the upcoming EVO like device as prime candidates for their management team to move to. He (my friend) asked about the DINC HD and the VZW business sales rep - said to stay tuned - that he would be able to share something soon.

For what its worth...I think base on my friends conversation...I think Miami and the others on here are right. I think we will see something very soon in the way of leaks, announcements and sale dates. I think the next two weeks will be very interesting!

8. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Well then it looks like a lot of the VZW reps know about the DINC HD so I guess we should look for a silent release or expect some info in the days just before its release. We pretty much know what it looks like, and can take an educated guess on the specs. I'm in on this phone.

9. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    That's interesting. Doesn't VZW make the same money on a BB data plan as they do an Android data plan? I'm not sure how a corporate account would work, but maybe VZW figures they make more money if the user links their gmail account and goes after some extras (NFL mobile, VCast, etc...).

A lot of companies are using RIM servers to host their email. And it will take time for Google/Android to convince companies it's as secure as BB, if it's even there yet.

10. 2005CTS

2005CTS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The security issue is the primary reason his company hasn't switched. But - I think Android is looking to crack into the enterprise business just like Apple has done. Phones like the Droid Pro and the HTC DINC HD are prime to do that. It seems like VZW is really going all in with Android phones.

11. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Yeah, I'm aware of the concerns about security. The push from VZW is a bit surprising, though. I wonder if VZW plans at some point to offer their own "exchange" servers, if they aren't already. Although I would assume BB might have non-competes preventing that.

Will also be interesting to see what Google does longer-term. I believe they do have corporate gmail accounts and some other corporate services they charge for. I assume Gingerbread or IceCream (?) will really go after this with video teleconferencing. Pretty sure Google Voice (or perhaps Gizmo) also has the ability to teleconference, though I haven't played with it. None of that right now is anywhere near being user friendly even for me, much less corporate drones who don't have the time to figure it out.

Point being, I think we will and are seeing a shift a shift to a focus on corporate by Android. Makes perfect sense. Might also see more of a push to Google to monetize that. Nice business model - get the end user clamoring for Android because of all the free google services, but the corporate services will have a fee as companies are less price sensitive and the competition charges an arm and a leg. They can still offer a price savings but it won't be free.

Really, how awesome is a google voice number for corporate use? You can set it to forward to your cell, office phone, etc. Plus, you can have customized greetings. Transcribed voice mail would be a big deal, too, if Google can ever get that up to par. Only thing missing is a fax feature. But I think it will take time for Corp IT to get comfortable with that technology. People taking work home with them and being connected 24/7 is really a paradigm shift.

12. 2005CTS

2005CTS Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Verizon Wireless media shot showing the holiday line up of Droid branded phones...no DINC HD anywhere to be seen.

DROID 2 Global Pictured in Verizon Holiday Lineup? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Add that if this really is just a couple weeks away - that they wouldn't have it featured in adds set to run in the next week or so. Maybe they will be redone after Thanksgiving and feature the DINC HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

a mysterious device was sent and the only way to open was with your hand

forums droidmaster94

motorola anti-hacking device

new droid release date

over quota locatemydriod

why does kroq android app not work galaxy s4

wirefly approved my account mysteriously with verizon