Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

electric6

Reaction score
yeah! lol my bad i meant the phone under discussion in this thread: HTC Droid Incredible HD/2

brochaos

Reaction score
can someone fill me in on why bing is a dealbreaker? can't you just install google search and voice search from the market, set those as your default, and it will be like bing was never there?

i know when i installed the bing app on my google phone every search area asked me if i wanted bing or google.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are getting an invite from me on xbox and ps3 then! Hope you dont mind. Always nice to have another droid fan to kill time with. My screen name is the same as this one for both.

Thanks for keeping everyone posted, man. Glad you were run off by the raging droid addicts looking for a fix.

Ok send the invite.... you never know who pops on there :icon_ devil:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
can someone fill me in on why bing is a dealbreaker? can't you just install google search and voice search from the market, set those as your default, and it will be like bing was never there?

i know when i installed the bing app on my google phone every search area asked me if i wanted bing or google.

for me its a google powered device it should be pwere by google, plus Bing isn't google on the search function.... it just seems wrong to me to have bing on a Droid..leave it on a windows device

EgooEspada

Reaction score

Apparently you can't change the default of back to Google Search, but I think you can easily use Google Maps.

drewhilvers

Reaction score
Miami is awesome

Miami, I just want to say thank you for being on here tonight and answering all our questions. It really helps us not go off the deep end or start turning on each other. You really are the man! dancedroid

wmnomore

Reaction score
"There's a hack for that"

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score
Ugh. WHY DOES VERIZON DO THIS!!! haha.

I will never forget the original Droid commercial. I thought it was a movie add for crying out loud. I really hope this HTC Inc HD phone is ours. Im really starting to believe Miami since he held it in his hands. but its PROOF that helps out more. I'll be waiting patiently. Thanks for the updates Miami.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Miami, I just want to say thank you for being on here tonight and answering all our questions. It really helps us not go off the deep end or start turning on each other. You really are the man! dancedroid

not at all....i am always around just sometimes life gets busy...a PM usually gets answered though...tapatalk alerts me to those

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score

I could be wrong, but in 2.1 you d0n't have the option. In 2.2 it is fixed, right?

Personally, I have nothing against Bing. It's ok. I even like the app. I just don't want Verizon to force it over google on a GOOGLE phone. That would be like Verizon forcing Google over Bing on a Windows Mobile phone.

deviantgolfer

Reaction score
Miami sorry if you have answered this, wondering, has this phone impressed you enough that you are going to get it? Did it instantly wow you?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Two things at play there. I wouldn't break a friends trust just to be "first"!

Second is i won't burn a contact over it ever. Anyone familiar with VZW inside knows it could cause someone to lose a job. Never happen with me. That's why they talk with me each week

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I work for BMW.... Lets make a trade.

funny but if you work for BMWNA then you can locate me easily. Since I am a parts Director for a BMW dealership in my day job, also VW and Porsche

Funny not with N/A but also parts in seattle.

scififan2715

Reaction score
Has been any update as to whether this phone will be 3g only, or LTE-ready? I checked on vzw's web site and it said my zip code will be covered by the end of the year, so I might be a bit hesitant if it's 3g only. But that depends on how vzw ends up pricing lte, I guess. (Do we know anything about what that may be yet?)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UNC

Reaction score
No way I buy an android phone that's not LTE, I will buy the vPhone to hold me over til Android LTE devices start to roll out... Droid c(3)po, maybe.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.