Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

naccout

Reaction score
I want a phone like this without a physical keyboard...D1 kinda ruined that for me.

Not sure if D X is the way to go...

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm actually kind of glad there isn't any extra info out right now. The impatient, overzealous, and rude people will leave, while the ones who really want to know what's going on and are willing to wait will stay.

Miami, are you actually in Miami?

I'm in Florida but central Flroida now..just north of Orlando

H412D

Reaction score
I'm actually kind of glad there isn't any extra info out right now. The impatient, overzealous, and rude people will leave, while the ones who really want to know what's going on and are willing to wait will stay.

I hope you're conference call goes well tonight..

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Totally understand. I can appreciate that and the dilema you are in. We are just so excited as I'm sure you can appreciate.

Is your plan to start a new thread with the info/pics when you finally get the green light to release the info?

This question is a good one...have been wondering that myself.

Join the chat tonight and all questions will be answered.... or at least all of the ones we know. Sorry just a discusion and to clear things up and to answer questions we know the answer to.

Droid1, CM6.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/matthew4295

send me a link via email to the chat link [email protected] and i'll try to get there too...again no promise but ya never know who will show up :icon_ devil:

bd1212

Reaction score

Lol, that was a good question... figured you were in Miami, too. xD

deviantgolfer

Reaction score
hey just curious, 2 questions. Is there a time for this conference call Miami? And when its over will you post an update even if its saying "cant say anything today"?

Good luck tonight!

Deviant

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want a phone like this without a physical keyboard...D1 kinda ruined that for me.

get the Merge than..4" screen, keyboard and sense..another un announced phone coming any day to vzw go figure :icon_eek:

77Pat

Reaction score
This is good conversation going back and forth. Goes to show how interested people are in keeping up with new products and how successfully Android is growing.

Right now I have a Moto w385, which I have not had any problems with, but I am looking to upgrade. I think I will be able to hold off until November 11th, and if there is no announcement by then, I will choose between what is available. Right now I am leaning toward the Fascinate, but if this is announced and it seems better, I will probably wait.

You can't wait until 12 days after the 11th to see if the DInc HD comes out? Going off what Miami said, the DInc HD's release day would only be exactly three weeks from today. Three weeks is right around the corner consider it's already November and all we have to do is wait 21 days for it's supposed release.

I could wait, but I am just looking for a confirmed date (which will come when it comes). I don't want to wait until the 23rd for an announcement and then another month for release. I have been researching for a week already and just found out about the DINC HD and possible 'Nexus 2' recently, which is why I have decided to wait. I would not have a problem waiting if I had a phone even like the Dare. I could wait, but then it would be a short time from Dinc HD to Moto T2/LTE, etc.

Plus if I buy on the 11th, I would still have 30 days to exchange if I wanted.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hey just curious, 2 questions. Is there a time for this conference call Miami? And when its over will you post an update even if its saying "cant say anything today"?

Good luck tonight!

Deviant

yes and yes....around 9 eastern and as soon as i can if i get anything new or permissions to finally drop my info....

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My D1 feels ancient. If I get the DI HD, I'm gonna keep it for a least a year to a year and a half.

I'd like more ram over all else. More power is good, too. True HDMI out....Those are probably upgrades of significance to me. A better camera would be nice, too. And I do care about a bigger screen, but not that much. It's just a bunch of marginal upgrades that won't improve my user experience all that much.

I haven't seen anything that would prevent me from waiting 6 more months or so for LTE. Now, if LTE wasn't coming to my city on launch then I'd probably look to exercise my 1-yr early upgrade when I get it first of the year.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two things at play there. I wouldn't break a friends trust just to be "first"!

Second is i won't burn a contact over it ever. Anyone familiar with VZW inside knows it could cause someone to lose a job. Never happen with me. That's why they talk with me each week

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I work for BMW.... Lets make a trade.

funny but if you work for BMWNA then you can locate me easily. Since I am a parts Director for a BMW dealership in my day job, also VW and Porsche

deviantgolfer

Reaction score
Two things at play there. I wouldn't break a friends trust just to be "first"!

Second is i won't burn a contact over it ever. Anyone familiar with VZW inside knows it could cause someone to lose a job. Never happen with me. That's why they talk with me each week

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I work for BMW.... Lets make a trade.

funny but if you work for BMWNA then you can locate me easily. Since I am a parts Director for a BMW dealership in my day job, also VW and Porsche

Awesome lol

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bet VZW will offer money/incentives to keep quiet and not leak anything :(

They are desperate to get rid of their Incredibles and don't want this cutting into sales.

No I don't think so... here VZW gave me the info to start with. Even came over and brought one with them for me to see.....

This seems more like someone may have jumped a bit quick and realised they could get in trouble. Let me take a crack at it again tonight

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score

get the Merge than..4" screen, keyboard and sense..another un announced phone coming any day to vzw go figure :icon_eek:

Wait, the Merge is 4"? I could have sworn around 3.2" or so?
I wonder if the other specs will be similar to the DINC HD (RAM, Processor, etc). I would seriously consider that because I am torn about losing a physical keyboard. Although I had an LG Dare for a year and I was fine so who knows. I have hopes that the DINC HD specs will be substantially more than the Merge.

Status
Not open for further replies.