Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas O

Reaction score
I see martin has had his hands full with this in the short time that I've been working. There will be no more babysitting on this thread. If there are ANY further outbursts, language, derision, insulting other members in any way, this thread will be closed completely and bannings will ensue. Most of the people in here have been reading since the previous thread and know what is and is not acceptable. You know you're crossing the line.

Stop now or this thread and posters will begin to go away.

Do you think we could get a thread were only Miami and others in the know can post so we don't have to sift through 50 pages of mess looking for an update?

That's going to be the plan, I believe. I'll talk with Miami before he releases anything new and will plan on this. Think it will be the best option.

If you do this please post a link so we can sign up for e-mail notifications.

bug_monster

Reaction score
IF this device doesn't come until next year, it may be a mid-level device out of the box or soon thereafter. If VZW announces several phones at CES with next-gen hardware and this is still single-core and standard resolution, it won't have as much punch as the rumored Moto and LG phones. Not to mention there will be multiple tablets and possibly some fruity hardware to compete with.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
IF this device doesn't come until next year, it may be a mid-level device out of the box or soon thereafter. If VZW announces several phones at CES with next-gen hardware and this is still single-core and standard resolution, it won't have as much punch as the rumored Moto and LG phones. Not to mention there will be multiple tablets and possibly some fruity hardware to compete with.

100% agree--unless it is LTE only it may be top of the line until the dual cores come out, March the earliest. Although Jan 1st? The iPhone will (regrettably) crush the DINC HD in sales if it really is going to be an early Jan release.

Of course, in two days or less we should know a LOT more on this date.

All I ask is, come Friday morning, if we do hear nothing, I'd love "someone" to at least give us a heads up on what is going on. I am not really expecting any more updates/news/specs until Friday. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I am keeping my hopes at a moderate level here...

EgooEspada

Reaction score

electric6

Reaction score
ugh, I guess I'm just used to seeing a wealth of leaks weeks/months before actual release like the iPhone. Before every iPhone release there are always tons of leaks, pictures, and secret videos and stuff of it - my point being it is known that it exists and is coming soon. This device has been 'iffy' since the pictures were leaked and that is obviously a result of low interest and extremely tight information control from big red. Its great for them, because all of us waiting for a phone that could launch the 23rd, 26th or who the heck knows, could just as well be canned in favor of the veriphone next year... Its really dumb, and I hate to sound like i'm having a temper tantrum, but this is effing ridiculous!!! Really!! No, I don't mean all us posting in here explaining how ridiculous it is - i mean its just plain stupid that there isnt any verifiable specs, release dates, pictures, or anything at all!! I think all the vzw CEO's get their panties in a wad and freak out, even though 99% of big red customers don't give a rats rear end about whats coming out - just whats in the store right now.

Hey guys in the suits!! Yeah its me, electric... Let it out!!! You will sale more of them if you do, and thats a promise.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok....well I sxee a lot going on here tonight....

first I wont see or speak to VZW untilt the AM at 10:30 so I don't have much new to add...

So today I did call VZW myself just a custoimer....

I got there is a "iconic device going on pre-order on Friday in the AM" from the 1-800-922-0204....

So then I called and asked about the ew tablets coming tomorrow....

Then I went back to work.... I hope to have the rest of my info here tomorrow for you guys and exact amounts....

As far as the info...I did get 2 calls and saw the tweet... it' seems that it's not taking very long to reach me right now....so that's it...

If you wanted more.. sorry..if you think about it wait until tomorrow...meanwhile I am going to close this one down untiul then so it's not spinning out of control tonight since I know i wont be in very much to answer a ton of questions...

thanks

Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.