Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd1212

Reaction score
There seems to be two mind sets at play.

Mindest #1. If it's not LTE, then it's stupid.
Mindset #2. The DINC HD!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!! Yippeee!!!

I am of #2 unless there is a middle ground. I hope there is a Tegra 2 phone coming just after Janaury that can be enabled to 3G only until my area gets in the next 6-18 months. If this is not at play, then, the DINC HD is mine.

This would be awesome.

matthew4295

Reaction score
Two things at play there. I wouldn't break a friends trust just to be "first"!

Second is i won't burn a contact over it ever. Anyone familiar with VZW inside knows it could cause someone to lose a job. Never happen with me. That's why they talk with me each week

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks Miami! We know that you would love to release it today but you have things that have to be said first by VZW. At least we will look at you if they are coming out with a Dinc 3 LOL! Thank you for everything!

Droid1, CM6.
Twitter: Matthew Remis (matthew4295) on Twitter

I don't have a twitter. What's the link to the chat?

I won't have the link until I start it at 7:30 pacific time. I will be posting the link around 7:25. I will post it on Twitter and this forum.

Droid1, CM6.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/matthew4295

matthew4295

Reaction score

Second is i won't burn a contact over it ever. Anyone familiar with VZW inside knows it could cause someone to lose a job. Never happen with me. That's why they talk with me each week

Totally understand. I can appreciate that and the dilema you are in. We are just so excited as I'm sure you can appreciate.

Is your plan to start a new thread with the info/pics when you finally get the green light to release the info?

This question is a good one...have been wondering that myself.

Join the chat tonight and all questions will be answered.... or at least all of the ones we know. Sorry just a discusion and to clear things up and to answer questions we know the answer to.

Droid1, CM6.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/matthew4295

2005CTS

Reaction score
There seems to be two mind sets at play.

Mindest #1. If it's not LTE, then it's stupid.
Mindset #2. The DINC HD!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!! Yippeee!!!

I am of #2 unless there is a middle ground. I hope there is a Tegra 2 phone coming just after Janaury that can be enabled to 3G only until my area gets in the next 6-18 months. If this is not at play, then, the DINC HD is mine.

I am mindset #2...and can't wait to buy the phone!!

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Just saw this on Android and Me Blog:

Smartphones that support 4G LTE are not expected to go on sale till next summer, but we expect Verizon will announce a half-dozen devices at the upcoming CES event on January 5th.

If true, does it make you want the DINC HD more? (For those who were undecided due to LTE)

EgooEspada

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I figured as much that was an issue. I assumed he/she was among the few with knowledge of this device and can be traced back to him/her and cause them to lose their job.
I look forward to the day you're able to share what you have. But if "around the 23rd" is true for it to launch, I can survive not seeing any pics or information for another 3 weeks. :)

bd1212

Reaction score
Just saw this on Android and Me Blog:

Smartphones that support 4G LTE are not expected to go on sale till next summer, but we expect Verizon will announce a half-dozen devices at the upcoming CES event on January 5th.

If true, does it make you want the DINC HD more? (For those who were undecided due to LTE)

This just makes me feel like my decision to buy the DInc HD when it comes out as opposed to buying an LTE phone when they come out, is an even better thing to do than I originally thought.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Nope. 'Ol D1 is working pretty darn good. Completely satisfied. I'm not about to shell out for a new phone only to upgrade to LTE 6 months later

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm actually kind of glad there isn't any extra info out right now. The impatient, overzealous, and rude people will leave, while the ones who really want to know what's going on and are willing to wait will stay.

Miami, are you actually in Miami?

bd1212

Reaction score

77Pat

Reaction score
This is good conversation going back and forth. Goes to show how interested people are in keeping up with new products and how successfully Android is growing.

Right now I have a Moto w385, which I have not had any problems with, but I am looking to upgrade. I think I will be able to hold off until November 11th, and if there is no announcement by then, I will choose between what is available. Right now I am leaning toward the Fascinate, but if this is announced and it seems better, I will probably wait.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is good conversation going back and forth. Goes to show how interested people are in keeping up with new products and how successfully Android is growing.

Right now I have a Moto w385, which I have not had any problems with, but I am looking to upgrade. I think I will be able to hold off until November 11th, and if there is no announcement by then, I will choose between what is available. Right now I am leaning toward the Fascinate, but if this is announced and it seems better, I will probably wait.

You can't wait until 12 days after the 11th to see if the DInc HD comes out? Going off what Miami said, the DInc HD's release day would only be exactly three weeks from today. Three weeks is right around the corner consider it's already November and all we have to do is wait 21 days for it's supposed release.

bd1212

Reaction score

You can't wait until 12 days after the 11th to see if the DInc HD comes out? Going off what Miami said, the DInc HD's release day would only be exactly three weeks from today. Three weeks is right around the corner consider it's already November and all we have to do is wait 21 days for it's supposed release.

Yep.

And by Friday, that number will drop down to 18 days. Only 4 more days longer than 2 weeks. I'm sure you can wait it. ;)

EgooEspada

Reaction score

Well whether you get the Samsung Fascinate or the Incredible HD, glad to see you are looking to join the Android family. I strongly believe it will release the 23rd, but if you do pick up a different phone on the 11th and the Incredible HD does come out the 23rd, then you'll still be able to get it if interested. So it all works itself I guess. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.