Mysterious Device Now With November 23 Launch date

Status
Not open for further replies.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
I am anxiously awaiting this phone and checking this thread often, but I find it so comical that EVERY thread about an upcoming unannounced phone always follows the same format:

1. Leaked images of phone appear
2. Someone starts thread of above phone
3. Someone posts a release date
4. Someone else calls BS
5. An insider states he/she has private info but can't say what that is but it will be announced soon.
6. Someone else calls BS
7. The thread goes into a fury with half of posters thanking the insider and waiting on baited breath, and the other half getting angry and doubting the insider
8. People get called names
9. The mods come on and urge for civility
10. People either settle down or the thread gets locked in which case a new thread appears and we start at #1 or
11. The info finally does appear 1-3 weeks later
12. People find something wrong with the phone and we start back at #1 with a new phone

Not bashing anyone, this is just the way I've observed things for the last couple of years (and it's not just Droid lovers either):)

Haha. You got it. Its the same with every phone., Its all good, as long as the release date is real, I don't care for leaked pictures or any of that.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two things at play there. I wouldn't break a friends trust just to be "first"!

Second is i won't burn a contact over it ever. Anyone familiar with VZW inside knows it could cause someone to lose a job. Never happen with me. That's why they talk with me each week

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Second is i won't burn a contact over it ever. Anyone familiar with VZW inside knows it could cause someone to lose a job. Never happen with me. That's why they talk with me each week

I work for BMW.... Lets make a trade.

Reaction score
That is the correct thing to do Miami, when all else fails be politically correct, and don't burn any bridges. If we put the peices together guys, it will be out before November ends. They can't wait too long to release a 3G phone.

ChuckG73

Reaction score
VZW are so smart at releasing phones without advertising and still being able to create hype. This is just another example. I am on hold now with VZW, telling them I am ready to upgrade to the DInc HD just to see what she says....she put me on hold and I have been holding for five minutes so far....she is getting her supervisor to look it up because she can not find it...She has heard of a launch date of the 23rd but they are waiting for HTC to disclose that Verison is getting the phone. There is nothing in their system as of yet so they do not even have a model number. She did keep saying that they do have information on the phone and just wait for the 23rd and we will see. She can not confrim or deny anything at this time because it is a rumor. I do not know if this information helps, if any has better working knowledge of VZW, but she did not deny the phone existed and said they are waiting on HTC to disclose that they are getting it, and to wait until the 23rd. She did not try to talk me into to any other phone as I was calling to upgrade and am elidgable.

Oh well, something is better than nothing :) or is it...

Yeah I just tried what you did as well and no luck. I was lucky 2 years ago when the LG Env Touch was coming out to order and receive one 2 weeks before launch, so I was hoping for luck here.

Yeah well I will keep calling and see where it gets me and any info I get I will post here. Probably call next Tuesday and so on until the 23rd....... This phone is going to be sweeeeet.

matthew4295

Reaction score
Hey Matthew I tried to follow you on twitter to find out when the chat will open it says that I had to request to be accepted and able to follow you so I sent a request just wanted you to know who it was from, my name on their is the same I believe.

I will accept you when I get one, in 1 hr. Chat at 7:30 pacific time.

Droid1, CM6.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/matthew4295

matthew4295

Reaction score

Thanks Miami! We know that you would love to release it today but you have things that have to be said first by VZW. At least we will look at you if they are coming out with a Dinc 3 LOL! Thank you for everything!

Droid1, CM6.
Twitter: www.twitter.com/matthew4295

HumanDroid

Reaction score
I am anxiously awaiting this phone and checking this thread often, but I find it so comical that EVERY thread about an upcoming unannounced phone always follows the same format:

1. Leaked images of phone appear
2. Someone starts thread of above phone
3. Someone posts a release date
4. Someone else calls BS
5. An insider states he/she has private info but can't say what that is but it will be announced soon.
6. Someone else calls BS
7. The thread goes into a fury with half of posters thanking the insider and waiting on baited breath, and the other half getting angry and doubting the insider
8. People get called names
9. The mods come on and urge for civility
10. People either settle down or the thread gets locked in which case a new thread appears and we start at #1 or
11. The info finally does appear 1-3 weeks later
12. People find something wrong with the phone and we start back at #1 with a new phone

Not bashing anyone, this is just the way I've observed things for the last couple of years (and it's not just Droid lovers either):)

This is what life is. One big distraction. If we all actually paid attention to what was really going on out there our minds would be blown. We couldn't handle it. We'd go nuts. Or dive into it and get picked off at some point. So excited for this new phone!!

2005CTS

Reaction score
Since when do we listen to what Verizon wants? If the device exists, you should just post it.

If we want Miami to have a shot at future inside information - then he can't do that. Even the most anxious amoung us should know that.

H412D

Reaction score

Thanks Miami! We know that you would love to release it today but you have things that have to be said first by VZW. At least we will look at you if they are coming out with a Dinc 3 LOL! Thank you for everything!

Droid1, CM6.
Twitter: Matthew Remis (matthew4295) on Twitter

I don't have a twitter. What's the link to the chat?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks Miami for the update. :) that's good enough for me.
Glad you decided to pop in. In the other thread it seemed as if people thought you had died or something. It started to turn into Lord of the Flies.
Totally understand that your busy that's life. The news will come when it comes. At least you have trusted contacts within vzw and I wouldn't break that trust for anything.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Anxiously awaiting new news on the Droid Inc. HD

2005CTS

Reaction score

Totally understand. I can appreciate that and the dilema you are in. We are just so excited as I'm sure you can appreciate.

Is your plan to start a new thread with the info/pics when you finally get the green light to release the info?

a44kaliburll

Reaction score

What kind of friend would you be if you broke their trust..a crappy one at that...and no friend of mine!

And as far as the other knuckle heads (term my dad used haha) its good that we got this new thread started...you got some of your dedicated ones here..keep on keepin on man..

Im sure we will hear word as soon as you can, not too worried over here..

a44kaliburll

Reaction score

Totally understand. I can appreciate that and the dilema you are in. We are just so excited as I'm sure you can appreciate.

Is your plan to start a new thread with the info/pics when you finally get the green light to release the info?

This question is a good one...have been wondering that myself.

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
There seems to be two mind sets at play.

Mindest #1. If it's not LTE, then it's stupid.
Mindset #2. The DINC HD!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!! Yippeee!!!

I am of #2 unless there is a middle ground. I hope there is a Tegra 2 phone coming just after Janaury that can be enabled to 3G only until my area gets in the next 6-18 months. If this is not at play, then, the DINC HD is mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.