1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Mysterious Big Problem Averted, Questions?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by soccerdude6227, Oct 10, 2010.

1. soccerdude6227

soccerdude6227 Member

So yesterday on my rooted UD D1. I just restarted it and it bootlooped on me at the UD loading screen. I was really confused on why it did this. Granted I am new to rooting and I have had UD for a little over a week now. Anyways this is just the start of things. I figured ok a bootloop i will just boot into recovery and restore to my latest restore.

Well no matter how many times I tried to boot into recovery it would not work. It would sit at the M logo for a little bit and then go back the to UD screen. Over and over pressing power while holding x, trying to do it immediately after putting the battery back in and nothing. I got a little worried then but then realized I should just be able to flash spf back on to my phone and I would be able to then restore it. I got all that squared away and booted up into the recovery. Well I know 100% that I had a restore point because I had used it multiple times. Recovery could not find that restore image. So I was extremely worried at that time on what to do. Luckily I still had the update.zip for the UD8 still on my phone and I was able to flash that back on there and start over.

Maybe I was too worried and things were not as bad as I thought. I figured I would ask all you smart guys what you think about the situation. The only thing I can think that went wrong was I flashed clockworkmod sometime before that through rom manager. But I had done that all before back and forth and that never happened or deleted my restore point. Thanks if you read all of this lol.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

does ur sdcard still work properly? did you lose anything on that?
  3. soccerdude6227

soccerdude6227 Member

Yeah it seems to be just fine. I see no signs of anything missing on it either. Where does titanium backup store all of its backups?
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

its folder on the SD card.
  5. soccerdude6227

soccerdude6227 Member

Well I guess that confirms the SD card working then as I was able to restore all of my apps.