MyNet?

jchildress

Reaction score
Is there someplace that explains what the add ons do in the liberty toolbox? I've searched the forums without any luck. Specifically I'd like to know about mynet. Is it the stock 3g hotspot app or a hacked / better version?

Droid X, Liberty RoM 1.0

gobbles23

Reaction score
That is a good question

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

There isn't any known guide, but the mynet is the hacked mobile hotspot app that comes on the stock rom.

Everything else is self explanitory for the most part. I can answer your quwstions if you have any

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)

Ovid

Reaction score
It is supposed to be the hacked 3g hotspot.

Unless I'm VERY much mistaken, MyNet in the liberty toolbox is NOT the hacked version. You still need the TBH patch, all the liberty toolbox gives you is the stock application.

mywebslave

Reaction score
Well I installed it and I'm pretty sire it's hacked. Because I don't pay for it and it works for me.

gobbles23

Reaction score
Well from what I heard the stock 3g hotspot worked too without having to pay until you got your bill in.

rfranken

Reaction score
No. It would pull up a billing screen.
I had used the hotspot hack a couple Roms ago and it seems to carry itself through each new rom I flash

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
So here's the deal. This app is not hacked to give you the TBH hack. The reason being? The hack is not in the application itself - the hack is in your phone's NVRAM (non-volatile random access memory). This part of your phone (NVRAM) is not something that standard ROMs typically touch (I'm not sure about sbfs). As such, installing the hack on an old rom tends to stick for new rom installs. But to repeat, the apk does not contain the hack at all, ever. So all this does is installs the Verizon hotspot application. You must perform the hack external to this.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
So if you used the hack before chances are it will still work even when you update roms... nice.

gobbles23

Reaction score
Well I installed mynet and downloaded the patch. Has anyone else had the 3g gosport app stop on its own? It seems like if the phone is idle it will stop the hotspot.

someotherguy

Reaction score
What are the benefits of doing that instead of just using wireless tether for root users?

It now has infrastructure mode on the DX.

gobbles23

Reaction score
I did it because if the issues of wireless tether stopping after a while. But now so is this so I don't know.