MyMobiler for android

beefamato

Reaction score
How does one get Moto Phone Tools? Do you have to root your Droid to install it?

Edit: I meant Moto Phone Portal.

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The purpose of this app (as with MyMobile for WM) goes well beyond send txts or emails... it allow you total device control via your computer. So you can use your computer to setup your device (e.g. customize your screens). So if you are making your own ROMs and/or doing other configuration changes (i.e. using the SDK) you now don't have to switch (physically) to your phone to do certain things. This also allows you to quickly switch between your phone's screen and whatever else (say an online tutorial) that you're viewing on your computer.

It doesn't seem like much but after you have used such an application (i.e. most of us WM users). Hard to explain for those that haven't used it.

OP
A

AndyMan

Reaction score
The purpose of this app (as with MyMobile for WM) goes well beyond send txts or emails... it allow you total device control via your computer. So you can use your computer to setup your device (e.g. customize your screens). So if you are making your own ROMs and/or doing other configuration changes (i.e. using the SDK) you now don't have to switch (physically) to your phone to do certain things. This also allows you to quickly switch between your phone's screen and whatever else (say an online tutorial) that you're viewing on your computer.

It doesn't seem like much but after you have used such an application (i.e. most of us WM users). Hard to explain for those that haven't used it.

thanks for bringing that up. I was going to eventually, but I have been busy as hell!

samredman

Reaction score
This is such a useful app that I, although I am personally a pleased Droid owner, based on previous experience with an HTC Windows Mobile phone, I recently purchased for someone else in my organization who needed a new phone, an HTC Touch Pro 2, the day after Windows Mobile 6.5 was released for it on Sprint. Yes, had to pay $425.... $325 after the mail-in rebate, which I always forget to send in. Why would I do such a thing, being an avid Droid user myself? I did it just because of the Mymobiler app and the advantages it offers which that person needed.

If for no other purpose (although there are many other features), it lets him sit in his office with his phone plugged via USB into his pc and receive and answer all his text messages without picking up the phone (makes so much sense for someone chained to a desk who needs to keep focused on his PC for other running tasks). Plus, it allows him to transfer files with drag and drop, copy and paste... so many many other uses (watch that video posted above and you get the concept).

Yes, we need it for the Droid (I'd pay a $100 for that app).

zenman77

Reaction score
Yep...... I miss my days as well with mymobiler and the ability to remote my Touch Pro. Hopefully they'll develop something similar for as droiders and I concur, This is a must have app!

samredman

Reaction score
We can now get the amazing HTC keyboard for the Droid.

Well, I must tell you that after playing a bit with the newest HTC Sense UI, which was provided this week to Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 owners, included with their long awaited Windows 6.5 update (those people were more frustrated than Droid users waiting for 2.1), I was blown away by the tools which that unit now offers.

In fact, if I didn't have my Droid already and I were only in a situation comparing the two side by side (the Touch Pro 2 has a 3.6-inch, 480-by-800 WVGA display, not as great as our 3.7 and 480 x 854, but still impressive) and playing with their really remarkably usable onscreen keyboard and their actually typeable hardware keyboard (which also has "prediction" same as the onscreen) I'd not opt for the Droid. With this latest update and the remarkable new "cloud" features now provided by Microsoft with 6.5, it is a very phenomenal phone.

But, I do have my Droid and I like it for lots of reasons (like its great Google mail and Google maps features and this forum to help me enhance it) so I'm not switching. And to make the Droid choice feel even better here is something wonderful.... for anyone else who has seen that new HTC keyboard, this is really good news... the latest HTC onscreen keyboard is available on our DROID as a non-root app . Yes... non root.

Here is the link to download and install it.... this is going to make a lot of people happy and give us those remarkable onscreen keyboard capacities (plus, it lets us have "prediction" on our hardware keyboard).

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/28657-htc-keyboard-droid-non-root.html

Check it out and enjoy. Now if they could get us the Mymobiler I would be quite happy.

Last edited: