MyLock 1.4c

The Nekked Ninja

Reaction score
I've been looking for mylock ver1.4c since I had to get a new Droid from Verizon. I had that ver on my old phone but when I went to get it from the market it was no longer there. I've tried the ones in the market, and the devs website but none of them work right. I emailed the dev several times and he said he would put it up on the site but has yet to. Basically I'm just looking for someone willing to send me the file or point me to somewhere that I can download it. Thanks all for the help.

Sent from my Droid

Tsip85

Reaction score
just ran across this post. let me know if you're still looking for it.

OP
T

The Nekked Ninja

Reaction score
Yea I sure am. I've been meaning to send the dev another email, but haven't gotten around to it. I've tried all the ones on the their site and in the market but 1.4c is the only one I've had any success with. Can ya help a brother out?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Tsip85

Reaction score
LOL I know what you mean. Tried all of them and none work like 1.4c. Reloaded it last night and works like a charm. Give me a few minutes and I'll get it up here.

Tsip85

Reaction score
Quick question (actually 3)...are you rooted? Do you use SPRecovery? Do you have a file mananger like Root Explorer or Astro?

Tsip85

Reaction score
Ok...you'll need to unzip the attachment. The .apk is in there. Copy the .apk to your SD and then use a file manager to move or copy it to /data/app. Make sure you are set to R/W. Once you've copied it in there you need to set the permisisons. First column: all 3 boxes checked. Second Column: only top box checked. Last column: All boxes UNCHECKED. Exit out of file manager and re-boot. You should be good to go. Let me know if you have any problems.

Tsip85

Reaction score
um, didn't see the attachment in last post. let me try again.

Attachments

• myLock-1_4c.zip
    66.3 KB · Views: 190
OP
T

The Nekked Ninja

Reaction score
I'm not rooted is that gonna be a problem?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Tsip85

Reaction score
It might be a problem...not sure, but pretty sure you're going to need a file manager. Then you can try putting it on your SD and use the file manager to access it. it may ask you if you want to install it. I know MyLock usually goes to /data/app on your phone and I don't know if you can get in that folder if your not rooted. Let me know what you find out.

OP
T

The Nekked Ninja

Reaction score
I just unzipped it on my computer cause i didn't want to mess with a zip file on my phone. then just took the apk and emailed it to myself and insatlled it from there. working great. thanks again.

Tsip85

Reaction score
HA!! That's an easy enough way to do it...and one I would not have thought of. Guess that's what Root does to you!!! Glad you got it working.

OP
T

The Nekked Ninja

Reaction score
Yea I think it was 2 parts laziness 1 part ingenuity. First I wasnt sure if I could or if i even knew how to unzip the file on my phone, and i was sitting right by my computer so i came to the site and got it off here unzipped it then, here's where the laziness comes in, i didn't want to get up and hook my phone up to the computer so i just emailed it from gmail. its one of the easiest ways i've found to get small files on my phone.