Myfiles doesnt show old downloads If you transfer your download folder from old to new

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have to look in the internal storage for download folder directly its like the Samsung my files app only shows new downloads in the downloads category (bug or design?)

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
I have to look in the internal storage for download folder directly its like the Samsung my files app only shows new downloads in the downloads category (bug or design?)

Mine shows everything on my internal and sdcard. If you copied all your Motorola settings and data to your Note 20 something is probably borked. There's been numerous incidents on XDA where members transferred everything from there Note 10 to the Note 20 and had to do a factory reset and start over.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Mine shows everything on my internal and sdcard. If you copied all your Motorola settings and data to your Note 20 something is probably borked. There's been numerous incidents on XDA where members transferred everything from there Note 10 to the Note 20 and had to do a factory reset and start over.
The files are there and can be seen with easy file explorer or other file apps and can be seen with my files as well just the downloaded category seems to flag and categorize only new downloads like it puts meta data on the file to know its something download and not copied other categories work though . I call it a bug

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Never, ever, ever copy data from one Android phone to another using the built-in Import /Copy feature that shows up in the setup process. Always start fresh & clean.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Never, ever, ever copy data from one Android phone to another using the built-in Import /Copy feature that shows up in the setup process. Always start fresh & clean.

So your saying its buggy lol :)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Agree with Sajo I would do clean install from another phone brand def..I usually clean install even on Samsung to Samsung

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Agree with Sajo I would do clean install from another phone brand def..I usually clean install even on Samsung to Samsung
I also use google sync as well
Should I disable Verizon app manager does it do anything useful?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I've never used any Verizon apps ..
Its built in and pops up with would you like to install candy crash basically ad ware but sometimes useful when it suggests a new feature to try

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You already asked about that app in another thread. There are so many threads at once right now, it's hard to answer

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
You already asked about that app in another thread. There are so many threads at once right now, it's hard to answer

Oops lol