My X was submerged and now useless.

brodon

Reaction score
Dropped My X in the cistern while I was filling it from the tank. Had a brand new sixty dollar hi capacity battery on it as well.

Did everything to dry it out to no avail.

Any chance that the factory can repair or rebuild it? I'll call Verizon tomorrow, but I thought I'd see if someone had any similar disaster with a positive outcome.

With the price of a new one at 550., this is a real tragedy for me.

Don

SlvrEvoIX

Reaction score
That's why you have insurance silly. Ebay or a local fs forum is your best bet to get another one for a reasonable price. I don't know if they rebuild liquid damaged phones? Seems like alot of work to pin point what all is damaged and what not. Good luck guy.

liferefugee

Reaction score
I agree, it is for accidents like that one that I keep the full coverage on my phone. Never know when you're going to do something stupid

Typed with Swype on my Droid X and sent with Tapatalk.

OP
brodon

brodon

Reaction score
I thought 8 dollars a month extra for insurance was a bit too high. . . . but now I've learned the hard way.

Reaction score
Had something similar happen to a Droid 1 and I put it in rice over night (it draws the water out) and then it worked fine. It's worth a shot. Make sure you keep the battery out.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good luck with it. Your story is the reason that even though I curse at it, I pay the insurance. Sure it's a gamble, but if there's a kir-plunk...

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Had something similar happen to a Droid 1 and I put it in rice over night (it draws the water out) and then it worked fine. It's worth a shot. Make sure you keep the battery out.
just wrap it in kleenex so you don't get the dust in the phone. rice works with many electronic devices.