My wireless hotspot is slow on my Bionic

bionic_user

Reaction score
I have the droid bionic and i get excellent speed from the 4g lte network. However when i connect my Ps3 to my wireless hotspot on the bionic my internet speeds become extremely slow. Why is this? Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tkuligowski

Reaction score
I don't have a 4g phone but I posted a question similar to this yesterday but never got a response. I tested it put by doing a speediest.net test and my speeds were cut in half using mobile hotspots. I noticed if you go to manage devices it has an option to limit devices to increase performance. I set mine to to the minimum, 2 devices, haven't tested to see if that works better yet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
B

bionic_user

Reaction score
Thanks alot for your response, im going to try that

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Has anyone found out why this is yet? When I'm using the mobile hotspot feature on Verizon's 4g network, I'm getting ridiculously slow speeds....

quizzard

Reaction score
1722389877.png

Just ran this on my laptop, Wifi tethered to the Bionic. Which kernel are you running? I'm on 901.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Yeeeeeah, I don't get anywhere close to that.... my average download speed is .32mbps on my laptop tethered wirelessly to the Bionic. I'm on the .901 build as well.

quizzard

Reaction score
I have no clue then.

Only thing I can suggest is to reboot both the phone and the laptop, and try again. The 4gLTE speeds have always been great for me.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
I have no clue then.

Only thing I can suggest is to reboot both the phone and the laptop, and try again. The 4gLTE speeds have always been great for me.

Well, I switched the hotspot to "open" instead of the WPA-2, and it seems to be faster... odd

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
I tried that earlier, and it didn't work. Just to check to see if it was my laptop, I fired up the Galaxy Tab 10.1 too, and it's slow on speedtest also.

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Lastly, what is your "Client (DHCP) start address set on? It's in the Mobile Hotspot settings menu...