My wife's rebound won't update.

Reaction score
When I go to check for software update it acts like it's checking but then never says if an update is available or if software is current. Anyone have any idea why?

acejavelin

Reaction score
Has the phone ever been rooted? This typically occurs when a file is missing from the file system, I have seen it before... Sometimes a factory reset will clear it up, but often the "official" OTA RUU has to be reflashed manually.

acejavelin

Reaction score
No never rooted. Her phone was as refurbished from asurion insurance though.
Then you really don't know what was ever done with it in the past... I would backup and factory default, then try the update and if that fails install the OTA RUU and allow it to update. Or better yet just install the Global Mode leak RUU, most people agree it is much better than the official firmware.

But to be honest, there is absolutely no usable difference between the 3.14.605.12 and .13, going through all that work for that update is kind of like shoveling before the snow storm. ;)

OP
indywrenchin76
Reaction score
Then you really don't know what was ever done with it in the past... I would backup and factory default, then try the update and if that fails install the OTA RUU and allow it to update. Or better yet just install the Global Mode leak RUU, most people agree it is much better than the official firmware.

But to be honest, there is absolutely no usable difference between the 3.14.605.12 and .13, going through all that work for that update is kind of like shoveling before the snow storm. ;)

Thanks I will give this a try.