My welcome thread (Admin) -- JohnDroid

J

JohnDroid

You all may know me as Admin (previously) but I've updated the name to be a bit more personable and show you that there is a face behind the name.

I currently reside in New Mexico and use a Blackberry Tour. I'm not totally happy with the phone and I think the Droid will be the answer to my problems.

I've owned tons of phones in the past but most of them were forgettable. My first smartphone was a Treo 600, then a Treo 650, then a Treo 700p. After that, I moved to the Blackberry with the 8830 World Edition, then a Curve, another Curve and finally the Tour.

If you have any suggestions or comments, please send me a PM. I'm always open to suggestions and criticism!

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i was about to say.. i'm gone for three hours and there are like a billion new people. good to see its just you (remixed). welcome back, the admin formally known as "admin"!

p.s: just spent a while talking to a friendly verizon rep (who didn't mind going into great detail about the soon-to-be-released moto and htc, no calgary yet) who said he can't tell much difference in the speed of the two phones. he said they were nearly the same in performance, but night and day when compared to everything else verizon carries, including the storm 2. i'm excited all over again.

l3ryan77

Reaction score
Looks like a great place :)

I have been a BlackBerry users for years and just recently sold my Tour in order to try out the new Moto when it releases 11/06. Very excited as I know basically nothing on Android and it will be like starting over again. The bad part is I am a Site Admin on a BlackBerry website :eek:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Nice place you got here John ! Think I will find a nice place and make myself Comfy! As I look in all the rooms and closets. Where's the Beer Cooler?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice place you got here John ! Think I will find a nice place and make myself Comfy! As I look in all the rooms and closets. Where's the Beer Cooler?

What is funny to see you here :D. Glad to see you bud

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great place :)

I have been a BlackBerry users for years and just recently sold my Tour in order to try out the new Moto when it releases 11/06. Very excited as I know basically nothing on Android and it will be like starting over again. The bad part is I am a Site Admin on a BlackBerry website :eek:

and i'm a mod on one. Whuddathunkit :p

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad to see more people coming out, esp mods from other sites. It will be great to have the knowledge of others around. Welcome Miami.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad to see more people coming out, esp mods from other sites. It will be great to have the knowledge of others around. Welcome Miami.

Thanks. i have soo much to learn about Droid. I'm sure a week isn't enough time, but I will get it :)

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well a lot of what I have learned as been within a week, many hours of reading and what nots about it and what it can and can't do, of course there is still WAY more that I still need to find out.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well a lot of what I have learned as been within a week, many hours of reading and what nots about it and what it can and can't do, of course there is still WAY more that I still need to find out.

Well I read while i'm at work. I work alot of hourse so im sure there will be lots to learn

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score