My weather app is ALWAYS 6-12 degrees off

OP
snappingfish

snappingfish

Reaction score
its just WRONG, most of the time

also remember this important point. While you are sitting at your shaded house or by the pond or at the lake or wherever you may be the temperature being displayed is from the nearest airport weather source. Of course the temperatures at airports is always higher due to direct sun exposure all the time. Night temps are more accurate.

Anyway.........who lives at the airport?? Always found that odd when weather men/women give temps for the airport

I'm the OP. And, for more info: I live in a non-descript area. Not under a tree, or on a windy hill. And, I have had (for years) an Oregon Scientific gizmo that has an indoor and an outdoor source. A RF signal is sent from the outdoor unit to my office. The outdoor unit is under an eave, on a part of the house where it can only register the actual outdoor air-no direct, or reflective sun, no wind, no rain, etc. Right now it is 53 degrees, and the BW weather says 49, which is about as close as it ever gets. If it were always that close, I wouldn't even notice it, but usually, when its not raining, it will say 46 when its 53, or similar. I guess mebbe someday an app will drop that is more accurate.

fish

Last edited:
Reaction score
How many miles are you from your airport? Are you in an urban environment vs. rural? I think you are expecting something that can't be provided.

jimnutt

Reaction score
You do realize that the temperature the app provides is from wherever the "official" weather station in the area is, right? If it matches the temperature where you are (unless you're at that weather station) it's just a coincidence.

misterSelf

Reaction score
I find WeatherBug to be the most accurate among weather apps and I've never had problems with it (I have the Elite version).