My Video Review of the Droid Shell/Holster Combo

mtnman64

Reaction score
Great review, thanks for doing this. Helped me decide to order this case. I love the case on the phone. Does not add much bulk at all, yet enhances grip. Not completely sold on the "holster" thing, but I am used to using horizontal pouches for my smartphones. Going to give it a try, though, and see what happens.

Good call on this case. The ability to pop off the back if you want to dock it is great, too. Yet it is not loose like the silicon case.

OP
T

The HITMAN

Reaction score
I plan to review as many Droid things as I can and possible apply for a writing/reviewer job at one of the many numerous Android sites around the net. I've been doing multiple reviews on anime and video games, interactive entertainment, PC hardware, and more for over 10 years now so I have the writing and reviewing experience.

Anybody have any idea what a good Android news website is?

blu1080

Reaction score
Great review Hitman! I also have this case and I'm really diggin' it!

liguy257

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out which holster to get. To be honest I don't understand this one. You have to constantly take it in and out of the holster to use it, and when it's on, the phone can't be docked so you have to completely disassemble it every time you want to dock it. I'm surprised there seem to be a lot of fans of this one.

I use my phone as my watch so it's not practical to have to constantly take it in and out of the holster. The package does look sturdy though--I get that it protects the phone. But it seems to have horrible functionality.

Thanks for the review...

mitchb2

Reaction score
Nice review. I've never worn anything on my belt, so I'm not sure if I would like it or not. But the Droid feels very heavy in my shirt pocket, so I need to figure out how I'm going to carry the thing around.

I don't get the comment on your YouTube video: "Please don't wear your cell phone on your belt." What are you supposed to do with it?

bcg33478

Reaction score
Thanks for the great review. I'm thinking about this case and holster but have 2 questions.

1. How sturdy is the case and how much protection does it really provide? (e.g., drops on corners)

2. As either the case or the holster breaks, will I need to buy a complete kit or are they available independently?

Milehighjc

Reaction score
I also bought one of these the day I purchased the Droid. While I would have loved to get away from a belt holster, it really was the best alternative for me.

To me, the biggest selling point was protection of the screen (screen faces in when holstered) which was NOT true for my old palm 755p. I did wind up damaging a screen on one of my Palms bumping into a corner of a table.

I also like the swivel clip (which interestingly I didnt know until I saw this review). While that will be good for driving, I dont think I want the phone horizontal when walking. Ive had horizontal cases before, and as they age the phone comes out more easily... and Ive knocked them out of the holster onto the ground.

My daughter thinks the black is boring... For me, I think its professional looking, and it looks "right" on the phone IMHO.

jc

BeefyBeefo

Reaction score
I almost bought this same case for my Tour. It looks very nice and promising, but I can't get myself to buy anything until I see what www.seidioonline.com comes up with.

OP
T

The HITMAN

Reaction score
Thanks for the great review. I'm thinking about this case and holster but have 2 questions.

1. How sturdy is the case and how much protection does it really provide? (e.g., drops on corners)

2. As either the case or the holster breaks, will I need to buy a complete kit or are they available independently?
1. The case is VERY sturdy.

2. I doubt it would break unless you snapped it in half yourself.

silverx10

Reaction score
Good review, though really, the only thing I really was interested in was whether or not it would fit into the Multimedia Station while still on. Which I was assuming it would, since as you said, it's a Motorola product itself. But we all know what happens when you assume.

Also, you repeated yourself with the statements about the camera and speaker cutouts in the back.