My video of Droid running Bugless Beast at 800mhz

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It depends on if you wipe your data or not during the process of installing a ROM...it is better to wipe your data to avoid future little bugs and what not, but I mean, I've installed ROMs before without wiping my data if that was an option, and didn't have but maybe a few minor bugs with the ROM. Just install one of Pete's update.zip files and you won't lose data

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just make a nandroid backup and everything will be back the way you want it if you dont like the ROM. Just simply restore back. Easy peazy. Of course, you will still be rooted ;)

pyro6128

Reaction score
man, had I known performing the actual root itself was going to be this easy I wouldn't have held off for so long. since I just rooted, should I create a backup now? and how do I do it?

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
man, had I known performing the actual root itself was going to be this easy I wouldn't have held off for so long. since I just rooted, should I create a backup now? and how do I do it?

In the bugless beast install, you will do a backup. It's already in the steps. It will have you do it before you put the BB rom on.

In the link I posted...not sure about other guides.

jasonb

Reaction score

none of it is really that hard. it's just kinda scary if you've never done this type of thing before. i also wish i had done it earlier but i was kinda scared.

jasonb

Reaction score
Won't rooting decease device life?

rooting by itself won't. if you overclock it to the extreme that may decrease the life. 800Mhz or lower is perfectly safe. some even claim 950 is safe. 800mhz is really fast and it still runs just fine so i am staying at 800.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Won't rooting decease device life?

rooting by itself won't. if you overclock it to the extreme that may decrease the life. 800Mhz or lower is perfectly safe. some even claim 950 is safe. 800mhz is really fast and it still runs just fine so i am staying at 800.

I ran 950 for a little bit today and didn't notice much of a difference. Maybe I would if I had more widgets or something.

If you have your profiles set (drop down to 550 when sleeping, charging, etc.), your phone should be perfectly safe at 800, but of course no one knows for sure yet.

xliderider

Reaction score
I just let my Droid's inner beast out today LOL. I'm running at 800mhz as well.

It makes browsing droidforums full site tolerable. It was definitely slow at stock 550mhz.

I'd like to try smoked glass plus 4.0, I wish it came in an update.zip file instead of a nandroid backup file though.

s3t0

Reaction score
Hey stupid question but

Does it affect your battery life running it at a higher speed?

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
Hey stupid question but

Does it affect your battery life running it at a higher speed?

I honestly haven't noticed a change in my battery life at all.

jasonb

Reaction score
it should decrease battery life. but that's why there are profiles that allow you to throttle down the CPU when you're not using it. you can overclock when using it, and actually underclock, or run at stock when the phone is idle.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Can you run bugless beast and 2.1? I'm doing bb right now, but i would also like to be able to throw 2.1 on there, would that be something I should do before, or can it be done easily once i throw bb on there

jasonb

Reaction score
Can you run bugless beast and 2.1? I'm doing bb right now, but i would also like to be able to throw 2.1 on there, would that be something I should do before, or can it be done easily once i throw bb on there

the 7.4 update of BB has all the current 2.1 apps in it.

klinger

Reaction score
hey jrl9851 what weather widget are you running? Looks sweet! Love the animation. First post NOOB lol