My video of Droid running Bugless Beast at 800mhz

jrl9851

Reaction score
For those who want to see what it's like. Hard to tell from the video, but there are no "hiccups" or slowdown when scrolling through stuff. Everything is just much faster.

[video=youtube;nmWtZYidqtY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmWtZYidqtY[/video]

Sorry for the background noise (just mute it). It's windy here and that just the wind coming through the vents.

Here is another video of stock 550 vs 950:

[video=youtube;BKmG8E60vpU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKmG8E60vpU[/video]

MK-9

Reaction score
With a 1-2 knockout punch of laziness and lack of time. So instead of searching, I'm going to ask what would be a newb question from a fairly tech savvy guy.

Am I going to have to root my Droid to run one of the overclocking roms?

jasonb

Reaction score
With a 1-2 knockout punch of laziness and lack of time. So instead of searching, I'm going to ask what would be a newb question from a fairly tech savvy guy.

Yes you have to root to run a custom rom.

wil318466

Reaction score
I wish I had a video camera, I'd put up a video of mine running Smoked Glass at 950.

-Wil

MK-9

Reaction score

Yes you have to root to run a custom rom.

Pretty well figured as much, just didn't want to assume. Thanks.

bal81

Reaction score
hey i saw u went to srtforums, i used to be on there alot more im brad@realtune

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm still to scared to dive in and root, although it is tempting as hell. But I can't seem to find any completely clear, concise directions. Old age has gotten to me, I remember "rooting" my Motorola E815 (even though that wasn't really a root), but now I'm a little wary to do it.

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
I'm still to scared to dive in and root, although it is tempting as hell. But I can't seem to find any completely clear, concise directions. Old age has gotten to me, I remember "rooting" my Motorola E815 (even though that wasn't really a root), but now I'm a little wary to do it.

I just followed this:

Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid

And then went to here and started on step 9:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...ng-only-sprecovery-terminal-emulator-zip.html

That's it.

FreddyChevy

Reaction score
^^^^This I decided to root last nite after i read the other Beast for Noobz thread(35 pages)I couldnt take it anymore I literally started at 3 to 4'o clock,after hangups and resetting I finally rooted my droid to bb 7.4 and I couldn't be happier although its some small bugs I'm encountering its nothing that makes me regret it.Plus I can go back to 2.0.1 anytime I want with a clean install.All I can say is it's worth a try after you run your Droid at 800mhz u won't regret it.

polack

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to root and run BB tonight but i have just a couple of questions. First if i don't like it can i go back to my previous phone setup? Not stock but stock with my changes, like home ++ and all my custom made icons? second when i run any of these custom roms do i keep my current icons and home++ or does that get wiped and i have to use someone elses design?

OP
J

jrl9851

Reaction score
I honestly can't answer those questions..hopefully someone else can.