my very first forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by baldy54, Dec 23, 2011.

1. baldy54

baldy54 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is my first droid i went with the bionic flat out love this thing the only problem i have is my contacts keep duplicating themselvs within the contact useing excesive memory looking for answers (when u chose edit contact you can scrole and scrole as it just keeps repeating itself)

2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to Droid Forums!! Sorry you are having issues. Do you mean that it will just continuously scroll or literally it keeps adding duplicate contacts to your list?

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

3. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Silver Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Wow never heard of that one! Welcome by the way! I would factory reset if I were you. Or may be an app not playing nicely...Did you install any contacts apps? Or? And hey let me get my other phone and I will keep an eye out for your answer and if I find any info on this I will look for you...Wow JSM what's happenin! Lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

4. baldy54

baldy54 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When i choose a contact and then choose edit contact it will have contact info saved over and over (name/phone/fax/mobile/ect) i brought phone to verizon they looked at it and said they shut off some backup program for customers and have us delete and reenter each contact one at a time and it would fix problem... didn't... they said several people are coming in with same problem wait for fix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

5. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Silver Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Damn bro...I'm sure they'll get it worked out. Hey try putting this in the bionic threads and see if anyone has a solution I am unaware of..

Built to last ...
    Motorola Droid Razr/Spyder
    Peace!

6. SFGate

SFGate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site. Hope you get a solution to this annoying problem. DancingNexus

7. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,016
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force / Nexus 6P
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

Have you considered a factory reset to start over? Are your contacts currently backed up with your Google account and are you seeing the same issue there... If the contacts are not duplicating there, you could clear data / cache in your contacts & let them resync...

~it's not just a phone~