My Verizon

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your parents are idiots for not having a larger minute plan.

Your sister is a typical woman, self centered and a plain annoyance.

You gotta understand, women don't see this stuff logically like us men do. Their attention spans are literally nanoseconds long.

This response is way out of line, IMO

moviemogul

Reaction score
Your parents are idiots for not having a larger minute plan.

Your sister is a typical woman, self centered and a plain annoyance.

You gotta understand, women don't see this stuff logically like us men do. Their attention spans are literally nanoseconds long.

This response is way out of line, IMO

I think it's totally reasonable. I'm quite angry that this poor kid had to pay $300 of his own cash because his mom isn't smart enough to up the minutes on the plan, and put his arrogant, ignorant sister as an account admin.

This guy has the short straw here, and I feel bad for him.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score

It is one thing to show remorse and support but there is no need to bad mouth someones family and degrade women in general while you are at it, there are a lot of Women and family oriented Men on this site that would take offense to your statement

moviemogul

Reaction score

It is one thing to show remorse and support but there is no need to bad mouth someones family and degrade women in general while you are at it, there are a lot of Women and family oriented Men on this site that would take offense to your statement

I'm really not the kind of person that likes to sugar coat what I say. It's bitten me in the ass a few times, but that's how I like to be.

It seems like the parents here aren't tech savvy. Reading the sister's general behavior to the entire situation is what really set me off.

Simply put, I feel bad for the kid, and he shouldn't have had to pay that money. Unfortunately, I don't see any good coming out of it unless he can get his own line.

My disgust with women in general shouldn't have come into play here, and I publicly apologize for bringing it.

Danariel

Reaction score
Your Mom could have called Verizon, discussed this overage with them, and they probably could have worked something out whereby your plan gets raised to the 1400 minute plan and Verizon backdates it to cover the overage time, saving you some money.

However, it also appears that your 110 minutes of overage only cost an additional $49.95. Considering your sister used 120 minutes more than you, the overage was actually HERS, and she should have been required to pay the $50. You shouldn't have been penalized in any way, much less have had to pay the WHOLE bill. That's crap.

You need to print out the bill, take it to your Mom, and show her the numbers. If she has even basic math skills, she should see who was at fault, and can apportion blame accordingly.

If your Mom decides to coddle your sister and refuses to make her take stock of her usage, your Mom needs to call Verizon now (and it never hurts to see if they can do something about the back-dating even at this late date) and up your plan to the 1400 minute one. You'll get Friends & Family, which your sister can use for those 75 minute calls, and everybody wins (except that your sister doesn't learn her lesson.)

Reaction score
What do you mean the next mtn? Not that savvy with Wireless charges/lingo. You saying because she went over I was charged for it?

Move up to a plan that includes friends and family. Add the numbers to friends and family. You will never come close to going over if you use friends and family wisely. I have 5 phones on my plan, 3 daughters and a wife. Daughters know that they must let me know if someone they speak to frequently is not verizon. I can monitor pretty much up to the minute with my verizon app. I then add to friends and family, especially now that app is on my droid it is quite easy to control.

jaye712

Reaction score
hoeksoft said:
Well I got tired of waiting for Verizon to develop this so I did it myself. You can now get this widget which will show your currently used minutes, even works with family share plans. Search for Verizon Minutes Widget. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hoeksoft.minute.widget.verizon

Somethin i need to keep tabs on.700 mins with 2 other ppl?yeah..iam grabin it..good one btw.i nvr even thought about a min Widget like hw data has it set

olorolo

Reaction score
Somethin i need to keep tabs on.700 mins with 2 other ppl?yeah..iam grabin it..good one btw.i nvr even thought about a min Widget like hw data has it set

Sounds like you need to be using groove ip my friend

Sent from my vivow using Tapatalk

jaye712

Reaction score
olorolo said:
Sounds like you need to be using groove ip my friend

Sent from my vivow using Tapatalk

Sounds like a must..lol