My turbo just lost all its saved wifi

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I was using all mobile data . anyone have that happen to them. I had to add them all back

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't use WiFi, so I've never had this issue.. Sounds annoying though. I have had it dump all of my Bluetooth pairs though...never did find out why..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Never experienced either issue.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've never had this happen either. In fact, I sync my device settings with Google and it's actually transferred my wifi info to new devices for me.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Syncing wifi passwords showed up as a security forum for windows 10 interesting to see that Google has something like that but it's never synced mine

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Don't have a Turbo but it has happened on my MAXX. My WiFi passwords are saved to my google account. They reinstall on new device login or refresh.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Syncing wifi passwords showed up as a security forum for windows 10 interesting to see that Google has something like that but it's never synced mine

I believe it only does so if you leave all of the boxes checked when you first setup the device, allowing Google to sync your settings and etc. I know when I got my Note 4, after it was able to sync, I never had to put in the password for my in-laws wifi. They've still got a password, but I had set it up on my S4 prior to getting the Note 4 and I had the S4 set to sync everything with Google.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have Google syncing data config and contacts but not pictures in data. Maybe wifi is considered data and not a config. I would like the convenience but the risk on both Google and Microsoft seems to be that if your data was hacked from the cloud someone could get your wifi pw which for a home wifi might not be bad but if you had your work wifi stored and synced from your phone then it would put your works wifi at risk which is a larger scale whichbis what I think the bigger issue is as hackers would probably go after the bigger more lucrative wifi targets or at least the do in the movies

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Based on my experience, WiFi stuff is synced with Google only if the "Backup My Data" is checked in the Settings...it has nothing to do with other data / pic /music sync settings. I also agree with @PereDroid , unless the hacker is right next to my wifi router (work or home) I am not too worried about my wifi password being hacked from the cloud. I change it every 6 months (or sooner if the kids give it away too much) anyhow.