My Thunderbolt findings so far (must read for MBK)

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
how can you tell if you have successfully rooted?dancedroid

If u followed the guide I posted, it should have told u to run fix permissions in Rom manager.....fool proof way to tell

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thankx for the straight up review Bro... I tend to take more stock in a review from you over others that don't have nearly the track record that you do with rooted phones... so taken your raving review of the TBolt, I will place it as a potential buy once I know for sure what the new specs of the Bionic will be... 'IF' the Bionic's RAM is as before, then I will take your word on the TBolt and get it....:)

Thanks again Bro...;)

y0manda

Reaction score
Great thread, lets see how long it lasts.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes...I need ram. A phone with 512mbs or lower just will not cut it. I do not know why they are continuing to put low amounts of ram in other phones.

devinhfox

Reaction score
Yes...I need ram. A phone with 512mbs or lower just will not cut it. I do not know why they are continuing to put low amounts of ram in other phones.

Explain.
Last I read, the heap could only allocate 24 megs per application.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

Explain.
Last I read, the heap could only allocate 24 megs per application.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Well I only have about 384mbs available Ram on my fascinate (The other 128 is used for something else apparently). I find it almost maxed out at times, causing lag even on a high speed voodoo kernel. Background processes and the OS are eating over 200mbs. The stock web browser can take between 30-40mbs, and if I am streaming video or music, forget about it.

I guess I could be ok with a true available 512mbs of ram on another phone, but who knows what the future will bring. I know that GB and future OSs and overlays will be more memory intensive. I just want to make sure I am set for future with enough Ram.

1android

Reaction score
Good review. I also love love love this phone. I didn't read through every post so maybe someone already mentioned this. With the bamf Rom you don't need to set profiles on setcpu because there is one already built in. Set it on the smartass governor and it will set it all for you. If you set profiles for screen off and such in setcpu it can actually cause your battery to perform worse. This was brought to my attention when the 1.6 came out and since deleting my setcpu profiles my battery life has gotten even better.

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Good review. I also love love love this phone. I didn't read through every post so maybe someone already mentioned this. With the bamf Rom you don't need to set profiles on setcpu because there is one already built in. Set it on the smartass governor and it will set it all for you. If you set profiles for screen off and such in setcpu it can actually cause your battery to perform worse. This was brought to my attention when the 1.6 came out and since deleting my setcpu profiles my battery life has gotten even better.

Did not know that.....great info, will give it a shot

1android

Reaction score
jimmydene84;1535907 Did not know that.....great info said:
just to clarify, you do have to adjust the settings in the toolkit located in your app drawer. select cpu settings and go from there. :i-m_so_happy:

Ambushbug

Reaction score
I've been debating picking up a Thunderbolt since they came out, but some of the reviews convinced me to put it off. Finally about a week ago I bit the bullet and got one, now I'm kicking myself for waiting so long. I really love the the phone and I know it's over a short period of time, but I've experienced no problems as of yet. More than anything I like the feel and design of the phone, feels so solid!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I was in love with my DX and did not want to use an upgrade for the Thunderbolt. I found one on Craigslist for $320 and met the guy at the VZW store to confirm that it worked. I have to say that I have been disappointed with the battery life and i am just hoping that someone creates a 1800mah slim battery for it. Till then I use charges at work and in the car.

With that said, I am running Gingeritis rom, which is a gingerbread rom with parts of Sense 3.0 in it and man this phone blows away my DX. Speed is incredible. Rom is completely stable. Rooting the phone was simple and it is LTE. My LTE service is spotty in Glendale, AZ, but I am relocating to NYC next month and I know the LTE service is stellar there so that may improve my battery life. I have owned HTC phones in the past and I advise those that want to try something other than Moto to give this a shot.

You will not be disappointed.

Reaction score
Hello; my name is Frelling Frakker and I love my Thunderbolt.

There, I said it. Now I feel better. I don't have to hide in shame any more now that I know others feel the same way I do :)

I've had my TBolt since late March and absolutely love it. I'm still running stock with the normal battery. Mine usually lasts all day without charging and I just plug it in at night. It's very fast and does everything I need the way I want it.

OP
jimmydene84

jimmydene84

Reaction score
And possibly the best thing....just installed GB on my TB and guess what.......NO 3G LOSS AFTER PHONE CALL!!!!! FINALLY!!!!

Blacksheep427

Reaction score
Great posts, guys. My TB is great. I have yet to root, etc. I need some time to find exactly what I want on mine. And I cannot wait for our area to get 4G. Hagerstown is slated for later in 2011. That is 8 miles South of home. Ordering my Otterbox Defender soon, too. :cool: