My thunderbolt dead in 10 hours on 3G - Wife's Incredible 2 70% left same usage

personalt

Reaction score
I am totally aware of the Thunderbolt sucking battery in 4G. But mine is sucking battery in 3G(4G off via LTE OFF application) and I cant seem to figure out why.

To make matters worse breakdown in about battery seems to be lying to me. It shows really high display usage for 37 minutes at a very low setting. Is there any app that does a bettery job at telling me what is really sucking down the battery?

Side by side test with my wife's Incredible 2.

Thunderbolt - 1% left at 10 hrs and 20 mins
*22 Mins calls
*38 Mins screen - screen set not bright maybe 15%(about battery showed this taking up something like 40% of the battery)
*12 Mins GPS
*10 hrs wifi (I dont believe it was on WIFI that whole time as I was in and out of house) (About battery showed this as about 4% of the usage.

Incredible 2 - 70% left at 10 hrs 15mins
*34 Mins Calls
*37 Minutes Display at a setting brighter then thunderbolt
*12 Mins GPS

-------------------------------------------------
My phone is dead with half the calls, same screen time (at a lower setting) while my wife has 70% left. 4G was turned off with LTE off. Either I have a bad phone/battery or a rouge application. Is there a better way to figure out what the drain is?

The only differnce that I didnt mention above is that I have a bloomberg application that showed 4% of overall usage with 1 minute 45 seconds of forground CPU. I did show 45 minutes of background CPU. I am going to log out of this application for my next test but based on what others at work say I dont think this is the problem.

Can anyone give me a better way of telling what is pulling the CPU or maybe if there is a application pulilng crazy data but not reporting it?

johnd09

Reaction score
I am totally aware of the Thunderbolt sucking battery in 4G. But mine is sucking battery in 3G(4G off via LTE OFF application) and I cant seem to figure out why.

To make matters worse breakdown in about battery seems to be lying to me. It shows really high display usage for 37 minutes at a very low setting. Is there any app that does a bettery job at telling me what is really sucking down the battery?

Side by side test with my wife's Incredible 2.

Thunderbolt - 1% left at 10 hrs and 20 mins
*22 Mins calls
*38 Mins screen - screen set not bright maybe 15%(about battery showed this taking up something like 40% of the battery)
*12 Mins GPS
*10 hrs wifi (I dont believe it was on WIFI that whole time as I was in and out of house) (About battery showed this as about 4% of the usage.

Incredible 2 - 70% left at 10 hrs 15mins
*34 Mins Calls
*37 Minutes Display at a setting brighter then thunderbolt
*12 Mins GPS

-------------------------------------------------
My phone is dead with half the calls, same screen time (at a lower setting) while my wife has 70% left. 4G was turned off with LTE off. Either I have a bad phone/battery or a rouge application. Is there a better way to figure out what the drain is?

The only differnce that I didnt mention above is that I have a bloomberg application that showed 4% of overall usage with 1 minute 45 seconds of forground CPU. I did show 45 minutes of background CPU. I am going to log out of this application for my next test but based on what others at work say I dont think this is the problem.

Can anyone give me a better way of telling what is pulling the CPU or maybe if there is a application pulilng crazy data but not reporting it?

Watchdog Task manager will alert you if an app is going crazy and will show what apps are using cpu wise.

OP
P

personalt

Reaction score
I ended up uninstalling Locale as I realized that was one other thing my wife wasnt running. I also shutdown my Bloomberg application and installed a the new thunderbolt upgrade last night.

Sure enough, in 8 hours overnight it only dropped 15%.. So now the trick is figuring out which application is the trouble maker.