My texts come through when I am on the phone!

kelliev

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help! I just got the Droid and I LOVE IT!!! I did install the SMS popup from the market which might be half of my problem but I do love the app and would love to keep it if possible. Anyway, my issue is, my text messages come through when I am on a call. So, I can hear and feel the buzzing interupting my calls as can the person on the other line. It is MORE than frustrating. I have gone into settings for both the phone messages and the SMS popup and cannot see a place to change this. I am a former Blackberry user and I remember an option there to set it so it "doesn't interupt calls". Please, please... help! Thanks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Handcent allows for toggling between notification on call or not. It's in the menu > settings > under notification on call section.

Also Handcent has an SMS pop up setting... so my advice would be to uninstall SMS pop up and download Handcent... it does it all in one.

viperboy

Reaction score
Handcent allows for toggling between notification on call or not. It's in the menu > settings > under notification on call section.

Also Handcent has an SMS pop up setting... so my advice would be to uninstall SMS pop up and download Handcent... it does it all in one.

I agree. The problem is with SMS Popup. It will still notify you even on a call. I cannot confirm that Handcent doesn't do it, however. But it is all around a better app. Atleast you know why your phone is doing this now :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I agree. The problem is with SMS Popup. It will still notify you even on a call. I cannot confirm that Handcent doesn't do it, however. But it is all around a better app. Atleast you know why your phone is doing this now :)

I'm confirming Handcent has the option to choose whether you will be notified in call or not! :icon_ banana:

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
How do you stop the default messenger from interrupting calls? I agree it is very annoying.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

+1 for Handcent.

If only the stock messaging app came with features like Handcent it'd be alot easier, but Handcent is great. Different notifications for the LED light and many other features. I recommend everyone check it out and download it. Leave that stock messaging app behind!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

+1 for Handcent.

If only the stock messaging app came with features like Handcent it'd be alot easier, but Handcent is great. Different notifications for the LED light and many other features. I recommend everyone check it out and download it. Leave that stock messaging app behind!

and thus the solution to messaging issues has been stated! LOL

DROID189

Reaction score
vpierboy, I'm new to this site, and I could not post a thread to your "General tech questions" because it said it was closed. anyway hope you get this. I have a motorola droid I just bought on 2/7/10 and it's doing something weird with the contacts. everytime I want to move my pictures to my computer with my card, my contacts go away. I'm assuming this may be because the contacts are on the memory card, but I strongly dislike the fact that the phone didn't come with any manual! another thing is I cannot delete contacts! I've tried rebooting in safe mode like you suggested, but nothing works. I've done it both ways, by pressing the menu button and tapping delete contact, and then OK. and also long tapping the contact and selecting delete contact and then OK. both ways THE CONTACT IS STILL THERE! I don't get it, but it certainly is frustrating. On a brighter note I love the browsing and reliable network

- 20+ year VZW customer

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
vpierboy, I'm new to this site, and I could not post a thread to your "General tech questions" because it said it was closed. anyway hope you get this. I have a motorola droid I just bought on 2/7/10 and it's doing something weird with the contacts. everytime I want to move my pictures to my computer with my card, my contacts go away. I'm assuming this may be because the contacts are on the memory card, but I strongly dislike the fact that the phone didn't come with any manual! another thing is I cannot delete contacts! I've tried rebooting in safe mode like you suggested, but nothing works. I've done it both ways, by pressing the menu button and tapping delete contact, and then OK. and also long tapping the contact and selecting delete contact and then OK. both ways THE CONTACT IS STILL THERE! I don't get it, but it certainly is frustrating. On a brighter note I love the browsing and reliable network

- 20+ year VZW customer
Did you have the VZW rep move your contacts to your Droid? There was another member on the forums that had their phone slow way down since all their contacts were saved on the SD card. Google backs up all contacts thru g-mail. I would double check to make sure they've all synced to your g-mail account, and then remove them from your SD card.

DROID189

Reaction score
Did you have the VZW rep move your contacts to your Droid? There was another member on the forums that had their phone slow way down since all their contacts were saved on the SD card. Google backs up all contacts thru g-mail. I would double check to make sure they've all synced to your g-mail account, and then remove them from your SD card.

--Yes I did have verizon transfer my contacts. I don't know what they did, but I don't believe they're on my gmail account. would this affect the whole delete issue? or do you have any suggestions on that? thanks for the reply!