My Status Here @ DF

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Oct 25, 2011.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Hey everyone - been very busy lately as you can probably tell by my absense. However - I felt it was prudent to let you know what's up. Been dealing with work issues and lately, medical/family issues that have popped up and need my immediate attention.

Bottom line for me is this - with somewhat unexpected bills coming in, I am going to have to take some time away from Android and make some money - my family is first right now, and bills have to be taken care of. I spend a lot of time on Android and it's just not justified at this moment. I do this work for the love of Android, and for free. I will take the time now to thank the seven of you that have graciously donated for my work since 5.6 has been released - you know who you are, and it is much appreciated. Over 6,200 downloads and counting :icon_ lala:...

And thanks to everyone who is on here regularly and that help each other out, when I cannot :)
  2. rck76

rck76 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Hey Chevy, sorry to hear about your family medical problems and financial difficulties. I appreciate everything you did for the android community. Since, I broke my D1 and upgraded to the bionic, I haven't been around the D1 forums lately. You know if I had the money, I would help you out but I'm struggling myself as well. I wish I could have flashed your last rom because I'm sure it rocks. Take care of yourself and your family and I hope to see you back on some day. Thank you and good luck.

sent from my liberated bionic using transparent Droid forums
  3. alscritter

alscritter New Member

Chevy, thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the android and android community. Your work is always top notch. Take care of your family, Family always comes first my friend. You will be missed. See you on the flip side.
  4. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 New Member

Hope everything works out for you and the family, Chevy! Haven't been able to donate since 5.2 or so, on account of being flat broke, but it's comin' bro, promise. :) Good luck with everything, and thanks for all you do here.
  5. eagle1967

eagle1967 Developer Developer

Chevy.. Good luck to you. hope the health issues get sorted out quickly, take care of you and your family .
  6. danDroid

danDroid DF Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for all your contributions to the Android World and the community here on DF! We wish you the best of luck!
  7. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

You will be missed. I think your ROM was one of the first I flashed on my D1 even before it was named Simply Stunning. You've always been a stand up guy and you will be missed. I hope things get sorted out quickly and you can return in some capacity asap. Best of luck and well wishes to you and your family.

LLR0717
  8. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Take care Chevy. Hope to see you soon . . .
  9. alpine

alpine New Member

thank you!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  10. rmart88

rmart88 New Member

Thank you Chevy!! For making my OG still the greatest phone I could possibly have. I have been on SS since like 4.6 with out even thinking about straying elsewhere! I hope your financial and family health situation take a turn for the better soon. Until then, the Android community will miss you and look forward to your eventual return. Good Luck Buddy
  11. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Thanks for all you have done Chevy. You will be missed in your absence, now go ahead and take care of yourself and family!!
  12. jeston

jeston Member

Thanks for everything you've done for us here Chevy! I wish you and your family the best and hope you will return here someday in the future to crank out some more amazing ROMs!
  13. redoregon

redoregon Member

You rock, Chevy. Thanks and best wishes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  14. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 New Member

:yr1:thanks for your devotion to the community, we all truly appreciate everything you've done for us.
  15. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Thanks for all of your contributions to the Android community Chevy. Best of luck with everything. Family first.
  16. VingInMedina

VingInMedina New Member

Chevy, thanks for all the great work you have done and for being so helpful. Your work has been excellent and with each new release you sent out my phone became new all over again!

Best wishes to you and your family. You are a good example to us all by keeping them first in your life.
  17. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Thanks for everything you've done and the time you've invested the community. Most developers do this for the love of android and your family def comes before a hobby. Your rom was the first aosp rom i flashed and got me hooked on aosp roms from then on. You were always supportive of your users and that to me makes the best kind of developers. Hope you will return when all is well!
    1 person likes this.
  18. newparadigm

newparadigm New Member

Thanks for all your hard work.
    Hope all works out well for you and yours.
  19. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Always have admired your work bro, and I hear ya on the justification being hard for the amount of work put in.... if only all the guys who downloaded merely donated a simple buck.... best wishes and hope to see some more of your work down the line when you get everything situated..
    1 person likes this.
  20. Ozzie

Ozzie New Member

Definitely one of the best devs we've had here during my tenure...you will surely be missed.
    By all means family comes first...gotta pay the bills and still say hi to your loved ones now and then.

Your latest work may indeed be the best my old d1 has seen...it's hard to even flash anything else.

I am really disappointed in the number of contributions...I have given to a number of devs since I've been here, not everyone, nor as much as I wanted, but surely got more than I paid for...

You take care my friend...
Search tags for this page

simply stunning