My Spiderman theme WIP (name pending)

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Spyder RT, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Spyder RT

Spyder RT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is a theme I've been working on for a week or 2 now in my sparetime. I've editted a ton of images and still have a ton to do. I have not messed with the xmls yet or the .9pngs(Theres only one or two .9pngs in framework I want to change anyway.) All of it is Spiderman and green goblin. I've only been working on the framework and 1 png in gmail for now. Once I fell done with the framework I'll move onto the settings. I also want to change the font to the Spiderman movie font, but I'm having terrible luck doing it.

These are all ninjamorphed right now, but I plan on making an update.zip or metamorph theme. I had unofficially named it Spyder Byte, but there are a couple of websites already named that so I'm open for suggestions from anyone. I had thought of Spyder-M4n too. Please let me know what you think.
    *note: All images I've used were used from google image search*

[​IMG]
    By spyderrt at 2011-01-19

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    By SpyderRT at 2011-01-19

2. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Nice ..
    Wonder if there is a way for a spidey sence notification ...

Making the screen have the "tingle" effect on incoming calls/text.

3. Spyder RT

Spyder RT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats what vibrate is for. Lol.
    When the wifi widget is on the spidey sense appears over his head. I just did the bluetooth widget on my lunch today because I had started it last night. I'm going to try to do the brightness one next. The hardest part is coming up with ideas for widget replacements.

Anyone want to make me a font update zip using THIS font?

4. cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Looks good so far. What ROM will this be for?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. Spyder RT

Spyder RT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    UD2.5 1st. I'll port to cyanogen after that because they both have the notification dropdown widgets I use a lot.

6. jev

jev Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Can't wait for the full theme. The framework you sent is awesome! I had to switch to my backup of 2.5 from miui for this. Excellent work!!

7. thaDroidz

thaDroidz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +42
    true..
    or mp3...

8. skylordusa1

skylordusa1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks good man. Im surprised you are having trouble with changing the font since you do good work and you look like you know what you are doing. If you want to create an update zip just grab the rom.zip you are using. I think you said UD. Open it up with 7zip/winrar.

As soon as it opens delete everything but the META-INF folder and the system folder I dont use UD so if those 2 folders are all thats there then perfect. Dont touch the META-INF folder. Go in the system folder and erase everything but the fonts folder. If you want to create the whole theme update zip you can also leave the framework folder and the app folder and just drop your framework-res.apk in the framework folder and any themed apps in the app folder.

Go into the font folder and the two files you are looking for are the
    DroidSans.ttf and the DroidSans-Bold.ttf. Rename the spidey font ttf that you provided to DroidSans.ttf and drag it into the folder to replace the original. Now if you dont touch the DroidSans-Bold.ttf then any font on your phone that is suppose to be displayed in bold will be the original font from the rom but in bold. So if you want all the font in the spidey font. Rename your spidey font to DroidSans-Bold.ttf and drag that in as well. Now all font system wide will be spiderman. Now you can just flash that update.zip and your done.

Sorry this is so long I would have just gave you my update zip pack but im not on my computer. But atleast now you can make your whole theme and update.zip. If you already figured it out just ignore this. If you have any questions just let me know.

9. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +65
    Just wanted to throw in there that the new pe 4.2 has the Widgets in the pull down too. Rom is best rom I've used yet.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

10. Spyder RT

Spyder RT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that. I appreciate it. Im still really new to this. I just rooted my droid last month and I enjoy customizing thing. Luckily for me this happens to be free. I've started simple enough with boot animations and logos. Then I did my MM battery indicator which I based off of omenaces. Then I discovered ninjamorph in the market and figured it out and have been going to town with PS CS3. I've put a ton of time in this so far and am determined to finish it.

Sent from my Webshooter using Tapatalk

11. Spyder RT

Spyder RT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ooooo I just downloaded it. I will start playing with it in a day or 2. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my Webshooter using Tapatalk

12. Spyder RT

Spyder RT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Messing with PE now and was able to get it over easy using 7zip. I just opened the archive and put all 70 something of my files in there and updated the archive and BAM new PE rom with my spiderman stuff as if it came with it stock. Woot.

13. ibizian

ibizian New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will this work on a non rooted droid 2? I am an OLD die hard fan of spidey and would love to have this as my theme too!!!!

Thanks for all your work on this. It seems like a labor of love!

14. ballmore

ballmore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great job so far Spydy. I'm new to all of this theming stuff too. The first theme that I am trying to make is gonna be green, white, and black. I am maybe 2/3 of the way done with the framework. I'm getting a little burned out from it though. Lol ,,,,,,,, I can't provide screen shots for it yet because I haven't made it into an update.zip but here are a couple of wallpapers that I made for it today.
    I'm looking forward to trying out your theme. I hope that you keep with it. If your first theme is already looking this good then your themes should be really tight by this time next year.

15. ballmore

ballmore Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Themes and metamorphs do not work on phones unless you have it rooted. Sorry. Probably the only part that you could use out of all of this is the wallpaper.

Search tags for this page

spiderman android theme