My sound makes a small echo click after I click something

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Example: If I have the sound on to make a click noise after opening an app, it'll also make a faint system-style click noise also. As if it's echoing

I did install volume+ and have it set to 7

SPG900NY

Reaction score
You're probably hearing this. I have it too on my Nexus and between this issue and the signal issues I'm having (no reception at work where other phones don't have issues), I'm returning it for a Rezound or RAZR (haven't decided yet).
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=22307

Y
ou'll notice it more if you use a car dock with AUX-IN like I do. It's not as bad as my DX2 was, but it's pretty bad. Enough to make me worry about my car speakers.

OP
B

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Crap is annoying. I'm wondering if I should just return this phone....use my O.G Droid...and wait until the "next big new phone" comes out

Or until the Nexus is solidified

SPG900NY

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide that myself. Wondering if I should just go back to my Thunderbolt. Do I really need a new phone right now? I guess not. Only thing that makes me think I want a new phone is that development has kind of stopped on the T-bolt and it's my birthday Tuesday. :)

Nealius

Reaction score
You're probably hearing this. I have it too on my Nexus and between this issue and the signal issues I'm having (no reception at work where other phones don't have issues), I'm returning it for a Rezound or RAZR (haven't decided yet).
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=22307

Y
ou'll notice it more if you use a car dock with AUX-IN like I do. It's not as bad as my DX2 was, but it's pretty bad. Enough to make me worry about my car speakers.

before you jump off the Nexus and to a lesser phone. What baseband version do you have? I515.09? I had 2 nexus phones with it. I had issues. I got my 3rd phone and its I515.10 not 1 issues. I got great battery and no signal issues.

creaky

Reaction score
before you jump off the Nexus and to a lesser phone. What baseband version do you have? I515.09? I had 2 nexus phones with it. I had issues. I got my 3rd phone and its I515.10 not 1 issues. I got great battery and no signal issues.

Has that baseband availabile for download? I have the leaked 4.0.3 radio and its .09.

sent from my rooted nexus

Nealius

Reaction score
Has that baseband availabile for download? I have the leaked 4.0.3 radio and its .09.

sent from my rooted nexus

No clue how I got .10 I am not rooted yet. My thinking is there might be a new batch of Nexus' coming out. 4.0.2 was also pre-loaded
Coming from a rooted droid and knowing how everything is leaked first. Im clueless.

XanRules

Reaction score
Settings -> Sounds -> Disable "Touch Sounds."

Fixed it for me. Should work for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

SPG900NY

Reaction score
I have the 10 baseband. As for the click sounds, it applies to anything that opens the sound channel. Disabling touch sounds only stopped it from happening when using the phone. If you use, say, MOG and there is a delay between songs, you will get a click a couple seconds after the sound stops, and another when the next song starts and the audio channel opens up again. I dont know why the Nexus and my former DX2 did this but my Thunderbolt didnt.

SPG900NY

Reaction score
After disabling touch sounds, the phone still made the click before and after playing ANY audio. So between that and the signal issues, I decided to bring the phone back and trade for a Rezound. Big mistake, one that eventually cost me $70 (two $35 restocking fees, which I'm going to try to get refunded). Despite the fact that the reps at the service counter acknowledged that the signal level I was getting with my Nexus was less than what i was getting with my T-bolt, they said I'd have to pay a restocking fee to get the Rezound, so I said OK. Went through the whole process of getting it activated, and then went to my car. My wife called and CLICK/POP!! Talked to her for a bit, then after I hung up, CLICK/POP. I can safely say the Rezound has this issue WORSE than the Nexus and WORSE than the DX2 I had. The issue was totally absent from my T-bolt.

So I got a service rep out to the car and he heard the issue. We even tried his own personal Rezound and it had the same issue -- a POP just as the audio channel opened up, and then as soon as you stopped the audio (say, a music track), three seconds later there would be another POP. I asked if I could just get my Nexus back and the manager said no. They'd have to give me another, and charge another $35 restocking fee even though these phones had a defect. She tried to say it was my car that was causing the issue. I should just never go to a walk-in center again. it's always a disaster and they do everything they can just to get me out of there either spending more money, or with the issue I still have.

Meanwhile, some guy was in there irate about how he had called for a black iPhone and they had sold it on him before he got into the store. He was yelling and turning red, and they gave him two $50 credits and offered to go to another store for him to pick up one in stock. I guess you have to be mean and yell to get any justice from Verizon.

Oh yeah, and my brand new Nexus? Has the SAME clicking. Exactly the same as my old one. It's better than the Rezound... MUCH better... But the exact same issue as the Nexus. I don't know what HTC did differently from the TBolt to the Rezound to make such a difference, but it's too bad. I liked the Rezound for the ten minutes I had it.