my SD card is dead.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
The phone froze while playing MP3s, then it said the SD card was not installed.
Not sure if the card is covered in the warranty.

joseaalvarez

Reaction score
happened to me too

just connect it to the computer and format it... if you can't do it through the phone, put the card in a digital camera and try it. That's how i fixed mine.

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I pulled a re-seated it multiple times. I even pulled it out, powered the phone up for a couple minutes and then powered back down, reinstalled it and then powered back up.

I also tried it with a 4G card from my Voyager and that worked fine.

Then I put the 16G in my voyager and it didn't see it at all.

I just put the card in my SD reader and it doesn't see it either. It's one that looks like a thumb drive with slots on the side. Before anyone asks, it does support the high capacity cards.

DroidDoc

Reaction score
I guess if the computer doesn't recognize it either then maybe it is hosed. I had an issue where Droid told me I needed to Format the card but when I connected the Droid to the computer I was able to Mount the card and as I was copying the files over to the computer to restore them after the format, I got an "unable to copy" error on one of the files which happened to be a skin for the Beautiful Weather widget, once I deleted that file Droid recognized the card again. Thought you might have similar issue but might try to get a replacement card from Verizon, I hear from these forums that that might work :)

Benton

Reaction score
This brings up a great topic and one that could probably turn into a stickied note for others. In many ways getting a new device or hard-resetting a device can be fun as you will have an opportunity to arrange things the way you want, kind of like starting over but with the experience of knowing how you like to operate. I am not sure how much you can backup from the phone but I would manually do the following:

-Go through the phone's settings and note any setting that seems you customized, you may want to note all settings just to be safe.

-Go through your email settings and write them down. Pay particular attention to any Advanced settings you may have modified for each of the accounts.

-If your email accounts are sync'd and available via PC you should be fine but if not, send any email messages stored on the device to an email account like Gmail that will be available to sync back on the new device.

-Contacts should be sync'd to your Gmail account so they will automatically load back to your new device (these will include any caller ID's you may have set).

-Your pictures are probably not reachable since they would be on the SD card...hmm

-Go to Marketplace and dl SMS Backup. Using the good SD card (4G?), backup your SMS messages. These can be reinstalled to your new device after you dl SMS Backup again on the new device.

-Internet favorites might be useful to get and write down. The few times I have wiped a device clean I do not do this, forces me to house-clean the favorites.

There could be more to grab off the phone but I can't think of much else that would be critical.