smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Another variation of Nova & simpletext...

a6fa61b8-1d03-a189.jpg

~it is not just a phone~

jamesondroid

Reaction score
Ok Smalltowngirl13 how the...

hell did you get your simple font to look like that? I have been messing with it for ever, searched eveything I can think of and can only find the 7 default fonts... how did you get it to look cursive???

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
hell did you get your simple font to look like that? I have been messing with it for ever, searched eveything I can think of and can only find the 7 default fonts... how did you get it to look cursive???

You can add additional fonts into the simpletext font folder - I use astro and just transfer my .ttf font files into a folder named "fonts" (minus the "")...that particular font is "Amadeus"..

billyk

Reaction score
Are you finding Nova running on the GNex to be as fast/stable as the stock ICS launcher?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are you finding Nova running on the GNex to be as fast/stable as the stock ICS launcher?

I can't truly make a comparison to stock, I didn't really try it.

As for the stability of nova, definitely stable... No complaints.

~it is not just a phone~

cupfulloflol

Reaction score

Generally speaking, Nova is quite stable. It had a few hiccups in some of it's earlier versions, especially on a tablet, but those problems have since been fixed. It is free to try out, no reason to not try it if you can spare some time and are interested in some of it's features.

Also, some folks like Apex launcher (thread in XDA). Another modified ICS launcher. I haven't given it a lot of time myself, but it is another option.

I do dig the text screenshots.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score

just a hair glichy, but it's far better than any other phone i've used with a home replacement app.

the main reason i got it is so the home screen would go to landscape mode. if it weren't for that, i wouldn't have bothered with it. if the next update comes with that feature, i'm gonna dump nova.

billyk

Reaction score
just a hair glichy, but it's far better than any other phone i've used with a home replacement app.

the main reason i got it is so the home screen would go to landscape mode. if it weren't for that, i wouldn't have bothered with it. if the next update comes with that feature, i'm gonna dump nova.

Yup - landscape is important - agreed.

I was an ADW user on my Bionic, Go Launcher and LauncherPro before that on my old D1. So I've always used a replacement launcher, and flipping it over to landscape is a high-frequency thing for me.

I may have to give Nova a try! Thanks for the heads-up.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting to change my folder icons on the home screen from the stock circles to whatever I wish, I've heard Nova launcher allows for this?