My S4 Benchmark

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
benchmark scores have very little reflection on real world use. If you feel the phone performs to your liking then I don't see why you wouldn't keep it, unless you want something more. It's certainly one of the fastest/powerful phones on the market so I don't think you'd notice too much of a difference jumping to another top tier phone.

just my .02

GVLBob

Reaction score
Why would you not keep it? What alternates are you considering that would be better in some way?

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The thing is I have an S3 "certified as new" got it for a few days now, my last S3 had the dreaded dead motherboard issue, it just died on me, so went to Verizon and they had Samsung send me another one, so I went ahead and got the S4 to see what all the fuss was all about, yes it's a fantastic phone, but the S3 holds it's own, my only concern is how will this refurbished "certified as new" S3 hold up.
Will post some S3 scores with JB 4.1.2 and JB 4.2.2.
These are the JB 4.2.2 scores on the S3

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Same thing again, comparing the benchmark scores of different phones doesn't reflect on real world use. If you feel that the difference between the s3 and s4 isn't worth an upgrade then that's your decision. I'm sure the s4 feels faster because it is, but if you don't think it's significant enough to keep it then there's nothing wrong with the s3, it's a great phone.

If the s3 fails again, then I'm sure you can get another refurb unit.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same thing again, comparing the benchmark scores of different phones doesn't reflect on real world use. If you feel that the difference between the s3 and s4 isn't worth an upgrade then that's your decision. I'm sure the s4 feels faster because it is, but if you don't think it's significant enough to keep it then there's nothing wrong with the s3, it's a great phone.

If the s3 fails again, then I'm sure you can get another refurb unit.
Yea, it is tempting to keep it, but it looks like it will be going back.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I returned the S4 today, the rep also put in for me to get the $35 restocking fee refunded to my account. Man was it great sitting in there watching this sales rep trying to sell this couple the share all your money with us plan, it was classic.