My S Pen just exploded!!!

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Note 5' started by Kowolski, May 18, 2016.

1. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,686
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I would hope they'll take one look at it and replace it for you. That's kinda ridiculous. I could see if you were claiming the whole phone was defective, but like someone said, they sell S-pens for like $30-40, which likely means it costs them considerably less to make a new one. Stupid that they won't just send you out a new one, but I guess they gotta pinch their pennies like any other company if they want to keep their spot at the top.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kowolski

Kowolski Senior Member

Ratings:
    +91
    Jonny seriously this whole experience has left a really bad taste, Verizon and Samsung's customer service needs so much improvement.

I wonder if Apple is better but I have heard from friends that have Apple products they are a nightmare too....

Amazon has an amazing customer service!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,686
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Amazon rules. They've always taken care of me when I have issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kowolski

Kowolski Senior Member

Ratings:
    +91
    For Christmas I bought a very expensive mixer from Amazon, it was a Kitchenaid the second time I used it, it just stopped working, Amazon sent a brand new mixer no questions asked!!!

I was shocked and obviously very happy, i love buying **** from them

• Like Like x 2
  5. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,685
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    +1! Been a member for almost 14 years now and have always received great customer service from Amazon. That said, I've been a Verizon customer even longer and have always received great customer service from them as well. Obviously your mileage may vary as many others haven't been so fortunate.
    The one time I did have to deal with Samsung was relatively painless, but that was 5 years ago, so things may have changed since then. What we have to keep in mind is that anyone can receive terrible service with ANY company. So much of your customer experience depends on the person you're actually dealing with, and that's beyond anyone's control. I do however feel that Amazon doesn't just put anyone in a customer service position without them being trained properly. (At least that's how it's always felt from my personal experience with them.)

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 4
  6. Kowolski

Kowolski Senior Member

Ratings:
    +91
    Exactly Cr6, the young man at Samsung i dealt with was on the job 4 days!!!

And he was talking to me like he was in the army! Yes Sir, can I put you on hold sir?, etc.

He was based in Denver not Pyongyang N. Korea !!!

• Like Like x 3
  7. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Nothing beats Amazon customer service. And to make it better, there are some 3rd party sellers that if you contact directly they're willing to work with you.

Do the s-pen and the device itself really need to sync up? If so, I wonder why they sell the s-pen as a separate accessory.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kowolski

Kowolski Senior Member

Ratings:
    +91
    ^^^ Dezymond. That's what Samsung told me, that the SPen needs to be paired with the EMEI number of the phone, but if you go to the Amazon SPen site, they don't say anything about it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,338
    When I have to deal with Samsung I do it over chat.i think every employee of Samsung is on their 4th day. Your story sounds almost like every dealing I've had with them since Windows Mobile days.
    I think they have 1 blanket policy for everything and 0 veering from it ability. The folks there try really hard but their hands are tied behind their backs and chained to their ankles.

Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4
    <><

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kowolski

Kowolski Senior Member

Ratings:
    +91
    ^^^ mountaimbikermark. I was chatting with Verizon too and they are passive aggressive. I am seriously thinking about jumping ships. Away from Verizon and Samsung.

Maybe Apple? ,

11. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    That really doesn't make sense to me. Why would they sell it as a separate accessory then? If it really has to be paired with the EMEI number then there's no money to be made selling them as a separate accessory.

I'd buy from Amazon, I've seen them on there. If it doesn't work then you should be able to return it for free. Saves alot more time than sending it into Samsung.

• Like Like x 3
  12. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4,338
    You possibly would have gotten better care with Verizon had the insurance not have been purchased. Assurion is like Apple to them. Once they know there's insurance or it's an Apple product all bets are off.
    If you're happy with Android you don't need to jump ship to Apple, just find another model by someone else that you like. As far as carriers I think you'll get the same thing no matter who once they realize Assurion is involved. I used to visit my local store frequently and the in store reps were there same way when it came to insurance. If you had it there was nothing they'd do for you. If it was something like what you experienced but didn't have insurance they'd bend over backwards to fix the issue.
    One advantage to Apple is their insurance (Apple Care) is in house so you get treated as well on the phone with them as of you didn't have insurance, no passing the ball to the insurance company mentality.
    Support Our Troops!!!
    Beast Mode 4
    <><

• Like Like x 2