My S Pen just exploded!!!

OP
Kowolski

Kowolski

Reaction score
Amazon rules. They've always taken care of me when I have issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
For Christmas I bought a very expensive mixer from Amazon, it was a Kitchenaid the second time I used it, it just stopped working, Amazon sent a brand new mixer no questions asked!!!

I was shocked and obviously very happy, i love buying **** from them

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Amazon rules. They've always taken care of me when I have issues.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
+1! Been a member for almost 14 years now and have always received great customer service from Amazon. That said, I've been a Verizon customer even longer and have always received great customer service from them as well. Obviously your mileage may vary as many others haven't been so fortunate.
The one time I did have to deal with Samsung was relatively painless, but that was 5 years ago, so things may have changed since then. What we have to keep in mind is that anyone can receive terrible service with ANY company. So much of your customer experience depends on the person you're actually dealing with, and that's beyond anyone's control. I do however feel that Amazon doesn't just put anyone in a customer service position without them being trained properly. (At least that's how it's always felt from my personal experience with them.)

S5 tap'n

OP
Kowolski

Kowolski

Reaction score
Exactly Cr6, the young man at Samsung i dealt with was on the job 4 days!!!

And he was talking to me like he was in the army! Yes Sir, can I put you on hold sir?, etc.

He was based in Denver not Pyongyang N. Korea !!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nothing beats Amazon customer service. And to make it better, there are some 3rd party sellers that if you contact directly they're willing to work with you.

Do the s-pen and the device itself really need to sync up? If so, I wonder why they sell the s-pen as a separate accessory.

Reactions: cr6
OP
Kowolski

Kowolski

Reaction score
^^^ Dezymond. That's what Samsung told me, that the SPen needs to be paired with the EMEI number of the phone, but if you go to the Amazon SPen site, they don't say anything about it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I have to deal with Samsung I do it over chat.i think every employee of Samsung is on their 4th day. Your story sounds almost like every dealing I've had with them since Windows Mobile days.
I think they have 1 blanket policy for everything and 0 veering from it ability. The folks there try really hard but their hands are tied behind their backs and chained to their ankles.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
Kowolski

Kowolski

Reaction score
^^^ mountaimbikermark. I was chatting with Verizon too and they are passive aggressive. I am seriously thinking about jumping ships. Away from Verizon and Samsung.

Maybe Apple? ,

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
^^^ Dezymond. That's what Samsung told me, that the SPen needs to be paired with the EMEI number of the phone, but if you go to the Amazon SPen site, they don't say anything about it.

That really doesn't make sense to me. Why would they sell it as a separate accessory then? If it really has to be paired with the EMEI number then there's no money to be made selling them as a separate accessory.

I'd buy from Amazon, I've seen them on there. If it doesn't work then you should be able to return it for free. Saves alot more time than sending it into Samsung.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^^ mountaimbikermark. I was chatting with Verizon too and they are passive aggressive. I am seriously thinking about jumping ships. Away from Verizon and Samsung.

Maybe Apple? ,

You possibly would have gotten better care with Verizon had the insurance not have been purchased. Assurion is like Apple to them. Once they know there's insurance or it's an Apple product all bets are off.
If you're happy with Android you don't need to jump ship to Apple, just find another model by someone else that you like. As far as carriers I think you'll get the same thing no matter who once they realize Assurion is involved. I used to visit my local store frequently and the in store reps were there same way when it came to insurance. If you had it there was nothing they'd do for you. If it was something like what you experienced but didn't have insurance they'd bend over backwards to fix the issue.
One advantage to Apple is their insurance (Apple Care) is in house so you get treated as well on the phone with them as of you didn't have insurance, no passing the ball to the insurance company mentality.
Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
Kowolski

Kowolski

Reaction score
Dezymond you're right. I give up lol

I just placed an order from Amazon, if it doesn't work then I'll send it back.

I am just too tired to deal with these huge companies, they don't care about us....

008e1d2f7ab974ae484f8a496d732198.jpg

OP
Kowolski

Kowolski

Reaction score
You possibly would have gotten better care with Verizon had the insurance not have been purchased. Assurion is like Apple to them. Once they know there's insurance or it's an Apple product all bets are off.
If you're happy with Android you don't need to jump ship to Apple, just find another model by someone else that you like. As far as carriers I think you'll get the same thing no matter who once they realize Assurion is involved. I used to visit my local store frequently and the in store reps were there same way when it came to insurance. If you had it there was nothing they'd do for you. If it was something like what you experienced but didn't have insurance they'd bend over backwards to fix the issue.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
Thanks guys for letting me vent....i appreciate all the feedback

You guys are awesome

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That really doesn't make sense to me. Why would they sell it as a separate accessory then? If it really has to be paired with the EMEI number then there's no money to be made selling them as a separate accessory.

I'd buy from Amazon, I've seen them on there. If it doesn't work then you should be able to return it for free. Saves alot more time than sending it into Samsung.
All I can figure is that maybe this new one needs to be programmed for use with the phone to allow some of the smart features, like the button? But I know people have gotten replacements for Note 4's with no issue from a third party.

Only thing that sucks about buying one from Amazon is that I feel like, if you were really just holding it and not doing anything crazy with it and it just flew apart, I'd say that's a defective unit and should be replaced free of charge.

But, sometimes it's worth it to pay a little to avoid the hassle, which is sad for customer service in general, but completely understandable to me. I've been there before, many times.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
All I can figure is that maybe this new one needs to be programmed for use with the phone to allow some of the smart features, like the button? But I know people have gotten replacements for Note 4's with no issue from a third party.

Only thing that sucks about buying one from Amazon is that I feel like, if you were really just holding it and not doing anything crazy with it and it just flew apart, I'd say that's a defective unit and should be replaced free of charge.

But, sometimes it's worth it to pay a little to avoid the hassle, which is sad for customer service in general, but completely understandable to me. I've been there before, many times.
I 100% agree with that. And Samsung really shouldn't be making a big fuss about it either. That's the disappointing part.

They sell it as a separate unit, so they obviously can ship one out. Even if someone was clicking it while it was out of the phone, it should really be more durable than that.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I 100% agree with that. And Samsung really shouldn't be making a big fuss about it either. That's the disappointing part.

They sell it as a separate unit, so they obviously can ship one out. Even if someone was clicking it while it was out of the phone, it should really be more durable than that.
I go back to my previous statement and my dealings with Samsung . Though it's an easy fix their policy would be treat it like it's a broken phone or other blanket problem . Many large companies are so rigid in their policies about customer care there is no room for individuality. The poor shmo that was trying to help wasn't able to help a bit because of rigidity. Verizon has become just as rigid, hence why I left them. Fortunately I haven't had any issues with AT&T to find if they're just as assenine (intentional misspell) as Verizon but the couple of issues I had while on T-Mobile led me to believe they allow their reps to think.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I go back to my previous statement and my dealings with Samsung . Though it's an easy fix their policy would be treat it like it's a broken phone or other blanket problem . Many large companies are so rigid in their policies about customer care there is no room for individuality. The poor shmo that was trying to help wasn't able to help a bit because of rigidity. Verizon has become just as rigid, hence why I left them. Fortunately I haven't had any issues with AT&T to find if they're just as assenine (intentional misspell) as Verizon but the couple of issues I had while on T-Mobile led me to believe they allow their reps to think.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
Treating customers as individuals would go a long way for each company, but I guess they drain their current customers' wallets so much, customer service takes a hit. It's a shame because they could win over newer customers if they hear good things about it, but all comes down to $$$$$$$

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Treating customers as individuals would go a long way for each company, but I guess they drain their current customers' wallets so much, customer service takes a hit. It's a shame because they could win over newer customers if they hear good things about it, but all comes down to $$$$$$$
They look at the bottom line and take the easiest way to keep it as black as possible. I've worked for mega companies and I've worked for mom and pop companies . The more toward the former the less customer friendly the policies become. I think part of it also is some bean counter in authority has no clue as to the unintended consequences of policy changes because the numbers are so large there is no concept of death by paper cuts. Those in the trenches deal with the customer frustrations not the bean counter. I had a boss once that was going to hold off giving out the Christmas bonuses until after the first of the year because we got a blizzard on Christmas eve. He told me after my employees braved the blizzard to go get their checks from the main office that he had no idea that a few hundred dollars meant that much to his people (they made just over minimum wage per hour. It was more than a week's pay. Duh)

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><